• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 08:28:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 285
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 304
Total: 304

The truck...

Started by LizStreithorst, March 28, 2016, 03:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I drove into town and the tire place had a line and the oil place had a line.  I went to the shop, looked up my Jehmco order and saw that it would be coming via UPS.  I wasn't about to wait around for my entire day off waiting for them.  I'll get it tomorrow.  Fed the poor fish at the shop.  I still can't bring myself to take my 2 good but unneeded Discus to "the happy hunting ground".

On my home I swung by the oil place which was still backed up.  I'm will drop Charlotte off in the morning and walk the short distance to work and back to retrieve her.  I'm way bad when it comes to waiting in line huh  It may be easier and more satifying if I change my oil myself in the future.  The tire place was empty so I got my lady two rear shoes.  I didn't look until the shoes were on but although I went to the same place the brand of shoes was different from her front ones and they're a tad wider.  The tread pattern is different.  If "Little Miss Vanity" doesn't like it, she will just have to deal with it.  Next time l'll go to a better place and buy her Michelin's.

The lawn mower cranked on the first pull. It's always a worry the first mow of the season.  I had a greatly satisfying mow.  I should do it more often.  Pushing the mower makes me feel good.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Busy day I see.  I also despise line-waiting.  Started in about 1976 when we went to New Orleans to see the King Tut exhibit.  We stood in line for 6 hrs. and by the time we finally got in, I was so tired and it was so crowded and dark I barely remember any of  it.  Just that long line.  And we had tickets in advance
Barb

LizStreithorst

6 hours?????  15 minutes is too much for me!  People tell me that they would love to groom dogs but they don't have the patience.  It cracks me up but I say nothing.  Grooming takes know how, not patience.  Waiting in line takes patience.  Thank God I had a New Yorker with me with an interesting article on mental disorders to read as the tire guy was putting on Charlotte's new shoes.

JR

I hate lines also. If there is a line I just drive on by. Liz when you buy Michelin you are just buying a name now. They are no way as good as they were back in the day. I hate to mount them they are to hard a tire Ford was putting them on there high end trucks. The first  thing I did when I bought my last truck was put a good set of cooper tires on.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on March 29, 2016, 10:13:07 AM
I hate lines also. If there is a line I just drive on by. Liz when you buy Michelin you are just buying a name now. They are no way as good as they were back in the day. I hate to mount them they are to hard a tire Ford was putting them on there high end trucks. The first  thing I did when I bought my last truck was put a good set of cooper tires on.

I had Michelin's for a long time....Coopers are great, I liked the aqua-tread they used to have...even ran em on my old Jeep...they'd ride in any weather.. |^|
..our Farm & Fleet carries them....reasonable too..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Thanks gents.  Coopers it will be.  I just have to wear these out first.

LizStreithorst

I finally got Charlotte's oil changed.  I have become too lazy to leave for work 5 minutes early so I can drop her off and walk 1/4 mile to the shop.  I figured that if I kept driving by I would catch them without a line and I was right.  Everybody who does car stuff seems to know Charlotte.  I was asked about how she was running after her new heart.  They complimented her good looks.  I'm sure Miss Hottie was eating it up ::)  They filled up her windshield washing reservoir without me even knowing that it was low and asking.

One guy complimented her wheels and when I told him that I had bought wheel cleaner but it didn't do a good job, he told me what to buy.  I talked to another guy about Chip trying to replace her dash with one that had gauges but the plug-in's weren't the same and the wiring work would have cost a lot.  He said that he bought gauges that mounted on the vinyl strip between the window and the windshield.  He said that these were clean.  They used led's.  They cost about $50.  I like to keep Charlotte original, but I might make an exception in this case.

It was just a bunch of kids working at this place.  They all looked alike so I figure they were brothers.  I'm glad I was there rather than drop Charlotte off.  I'll use them again.  They had concern for Charlotte.

I have a few of questions.  When I apologized for having put cheap shoes on Charlotte and that the next time I bought new shoes I would buy Coopers, the kid that told me about the wheel cleaner said that Coopers are good but they are soft, and wear out faster.  I thought about this driving home and it seems to me that a soft tire might wear out faster but it will hold the road better.  Is that right?  My other question is that I told the guys to give her synthetic oil they asked me which one, Mobile 1 or something called (I think) Dex 5/30.  I asked which one was better and the consensus  was that they were both the same but Mobile 1 didn't cost as much.   Is this true?  I don't mind spending more on the life blood of Charlotte's heart.  My third question is that the sticker they put on her said that her next oil change should be in 5,000 miles.  I figured that it was because synthetic oil needs to be changed less often but I want to change oil often.  How many miles should I go before I change it?  3.000, 4,000?  Also her next oil change will be the second one after her heart was rebuilt.  I had the first oil change at 1,000 miles because parts were learning to get comfortable with each other so there would be more crud floating around.  Is it OK to go the miles y'all recommend for the second oil change or should I do it sooner?

Charlotte

Give it a rest, mom.  Of course it makes me feel wonderful when people admire me.  Would it not be the same for you?  AND Until you bought me I was not Miss Hottie.  I was just an old truck.  It was you who turned me into Miss Hottie so shut your trap and quit complaining.
Keep on Truckin'

LizStreithorst

Dang...I never imagined that a truck would ever bitch me out.  At least she hasn't complained about her cheap shoes w!w

Mugwump

LOL....I'll let you gals sort it out....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

I use Mobil1 full synthetic motor oil in my Toyota Tacoma and I change it every 10, 000 miles when Mobil said we can go 15,000. I use a Mobil 1 oil filter and I have no problems with my truck and it has almost 200,000 miles on it freeway driving for the most of the time.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: GeorgeG on March 30, 2016, 07:36:18 PM
I use Mobil1 full synthetic motor oil in my Toyota Tacoma and I change it every 10, 000 miles when Mobil said we can go 15,000. I use a Mobil 1 oil filter and I have no problems with my truck and it has almost 200,000 miles on it freeway driving for the most of the time.

Holy Moly!  I could never make myself go 10,000 miles.  I don't care what Mobile says.  Going that long would give me the heebie geebies.  I think I'll visit Chip and ask his opinion.

Mugwump

I use the Mobil Synthetic in the Tahoe.....the car computer is still set to flash the 'change oil' light every 3000 miles, I change around 5000-7000 miles with no problems....
Jon