• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 07:19:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 167
Total: 168

Egg in the hole

Started by Mugwump, February 27, 2013, 04:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

LOL..to bad my Mom, and Grandma, don't know about this...they'd get royalties...LOL..I've been eating these for 60+ yrs....LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

HELLO SHATANKA......  Can you hear me?   What's the verdict on the eggs in the hole with runny yolks? ::)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

shatanka

HA HA..ok..ok....eating them right now.
And.....ya know, it wasn't so bad with the runny yoke part! Mug was right, the toast kind of soaks it up. If I were to eat sunny side up eggs again, it would definitely have to be cooked this way though.  AND I DEFINITELY think that cooking them in REAL BUTTER is the way to go. That is the flavor on the toast with the eggs that helps it all blend with a savory flavor. ( I am wishing I had cracked pepper though to put on too!)
But, I had to try one with a scrambled egg in it too! lol ( the way I like my eggs cooked mostly)  AND, I HATE TO SAY IT MUG, but I kinda liked it with scrambled egg better. sorry! It's just more to my liking, personally. But, I will try your recipe again. I am sure it will be a more of an acquired taste thing for us folks that don't particularly care for the runny yoke thing.
OH...and I used the other 2 circles that you cut out and made a little grilled cheese sandwich with them too! tee hee...that was GOOD! And it made it a good combo to eat with the eggs in the nest creations. ( I know, I know. I was supposed to use them to soak up the yolk. The little circle grilled cheese just sounded really good to me with this right now though.

Overall- I give it a THUMBS UP ^ :)

You'll have to try it Pauline and ilroost...now that you made me try it first Pauline! LOL  SORRY..I DIDN'T TAKE PICS OF MY FIRST BITE THOUGH!   :P  (glad I can't find my camera or you would be laughing your butt off for my apprehension in trying that first bite! LOL HA HA )

oh p.s. NO STINKIN' KETCHUP ON IT EITHER..LOL ha ha

Ron Sower

On our Scout camping trips we called them ''Hole in One''!

@rjb3 - the last meal I had at a Cracker Barrel was fried catfish....  Sum guuuuud eatin there, boys and gurls!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Thanks for the full report Shatanka.   ;D  So I guess I'll have to try it tomorrow morning.

Oh....and we always use REAL butter for everything.  Can't be beat. Yum.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

PaulineMi

Oops...no report.  Outa bread.  :-X

greydragon

my dad also beleives that catsup is the food of the gods he even puts it on ice cream