• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 08:05:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 257
Total: 257

Egg in the hole

Started by Mugwump, February 27, 2013, 04:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Ok..nothing fancy here, but my Mom used to make it for us....take a slice of white bread, using a small orange juice glass as a 'cookie' cutter....make a hole in the bread...save the hole....melt some butter/marg. in a skillet and toss the bread and hole in...crack an egg in the hole and fry over easy, till the white is cooked....trust me, the egg and bread somehow change their taste a bit...it's delicious....try it.... ;D.....had two this morning....MMMMmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

shatanka

That sounds interesting! I wonder if it would be as good if you cook the egg more though ? Or would that change the flavor..probably huh?

Mugwump

Quote from: shatanka on February 27, 2013, 06:11:41 PM
That sounds interesting! I wonder if it would be as good if you cook the egg more though ? Or would that change the flavor..probably huh?

Ya gots to have some runny yolk......however much as ya want??....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

shatanka

Me no likey runny yolk too much! lol  I will eat it, but I prefer it fully cooked. However, this might be good toasted into the buttery bread together. I think I am going to try it tomorrow morning!

PaulineMi

Report back on that one Shatanka, okay.  I don't like runny yolks either.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JR

Jon I agree they are great. My grandma made them for us. I love runny yolk and ketchup.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

shatanka

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 27, 2013, 07:10:36 PM
Report back on that one Shatanka, okay.  I don't like runny yolks either.

OH SURE! Use me for the guinea pig Pauline! LOL  I AM CRACKING UP HERE ALL BY MYESLF RIGHT NOW!!! Umm..I wonder if I should take a pick of my face while I eat it, so you can get the REAL GIST OF how good it is ??  lol ha ha.  Ok, I just saw JR post that they are great too..so IT'S BREAKFAST TOMORROW!

BallAquatics

We called it Toad in the Hole..... yummmmmie.

Dennis

PaulineMi

NO KETCHUP!!!!!    :o

Well personally that is. I totally dislike ketchup. Yuk.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

I will have to pass on the runny yolks

Mugwump

Yes, they are Dennis, my aunt called them 'egg in the nest'....yummmm
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on February 27, 2013, 07:36:21 PM
I will have to pass on the runny yolks

Sheesh, the yolk is what you dunk the 'hole' in....

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 27, 2013, 07:34:01 PM
NO KETCHUP!!!!!    :o

Well personally that is. I totally dislike ketchup. Yuk.

Heathen !!!!!....LOL....catsup, food of Kings !!!!..altho, lots of things where catsups a no-no..like Chicago dogs, a good steak ,etc...
Jon

Barb

This is my favorite breakfast at Crackerbarrel.  I think they call it eggs in a basket.  Really good!
Barb

BallAquatics

That's exactly what they call it Barb.  Strait from the Cracker Barrel menu.....

Eggs*-in-the-Basket
Two slices of Sourdough Bread grilled with an egg in the middle of each, cooked to order and served with smoked sausage patties, turkey sausage patties or thick-sliced bacon and your choice of Fried Apples or Hashbrown Casserole.

http://www.crackerbarrel.com/restaurant/breakfast-menu/pancakes-n-such/

I can eat breakfast anytime of the day or night!

Rjb3

You can get a catfish fillet with breakfast at Cracker Barrel.