• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 06:51:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 206
Total: 206

Mom and the Beast

Started by Charlotte, March 19, 2016, 12:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

Mom got her first good call on him.  He called the first time Thursday but I didn't know about it.  He called back early this afternoon and I was right there.   He's going to come look at the Beast and take him for a drive later today.

I was also there yesterday when mom stopped and talked to a neighbor who knows cars and works as a mechanic.  She asked him if she was asking too much and he said no.  She's asking 3 grand and will take $2500.  He told her that he would keep the Beast and let him rot if he didn't get $2,500.   He said that he's looking for a larger truck himself and would buy the Beast if only he weren't a van.  He also said that he would try to move him for her.  The guy is a mechanic so has lots of contacts.  He said one thing that pissed her off.  He said that he would have replaced my heart, water pump and clutch for $2,000.  Mom paid 3,700.  She's not close to this guy but they get along fine.  She never thought to ask him :(  He did say that the guy who did the job does good work (seems all these mechanics know one another).  He also thought as mom and I think that it is way cool that the engine rebuilding company didn't have a heart like mine in stock so rebuilt the heart that I was born with.  We all know that it means nothing but we still think it's cool that I have my original heart.

Sorry I'm talking so much.  Mom doesn't let me talk very often so I'm taking advantage of my time on the forum.
Keep on Truckin'

Mugwump

Quote from: Charlotte on March 19, 2016, 12:58:09 PM
Mom got her first good call on him.  He called the first time Thursday but I didn't know about it.  He called back early this afternoon and I was right there.   He's going to come look at the Beast and take him for a drive later today.

I was also there yesterday when mom stopped and talked to a neighbor who knows cars and works as a mechanic.  She asked him if she was asking too much and he said no.  She's asking 3 grand and will take $2500.  He told her that he would keep the Beast and let him rot if he didn't get $2,500.   He said that he's looking for a larger truck himself and would buy the Beast if only he weren't a van.  He also said that he would try to move him for her.  The guy is a mechanic so has lots of contacts.  He said one thing that pissed her off.  He said that he would have replaced my heart, water pump and clutch for $2,000.  Mom paid 3,700.  She's not close to this guy but they get along fine.  She never thought to ask him :(  He did say that the guy who did the job does good work (seems all these mechanics know one another).  He also thought as mom and I think that it is way cool that the engine rebuilding company didn't have a heart like mine in stock so rebuilt the heart that I was born with.  We all know that it means nothing but we still think it's cool that I have my original heart.

Sorry I'm talking so much.  Mom doesn't let me talk very often so I'm taking advantage of my time on the forum.

Cool...yup, tell the guy $3k....let him counter offer.... |^|...good luck !!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The guy just left.  He's wanting the Beast for his daughter who is a florets.  They're also looking at a '95 gas burner.  But he was impressed with the Beast.  He said that it's obvious he's been well cared for.  He took pics of him for his daughter.  The daughter had her gall bladder removed yesterday so it will be next week before she can come and see him and they want the '95 checked out because the engine has a miss which might be something big or something minor. We haven't even dickered about price yet because it depends on the other van and his daughter. 

Thanks for telling the story for me Charlotte.  I was too nervous to.  This is the first guy who has been really interested.  I know that all the Beast needs is to find the right person, but I didn't think that it would take so long.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 19, 2016, 02:40:43 PM
The guy just left.  He's wanting the Beast for his daughter who is a florets.  They're also looking at a '95 gas burner.  But he was impressed with the Beast.  He said that it's obvious he's been well cared for.  He took pics of him for his daughter.  The daughter had her gall bladder removed yesterday so it will be next week before she can come and see him and they want the '95 checked out because the engine has a miss which might be something big or something minor. We haven't even dickered about price yet because it depends on the other van and his daughter. 

Thanks for telling the story for me Charlotte.  I was too nervous to.  This is the first guy who has been really interested.  I know that all the Beast needs is to find the right person, but I didn't think that it would take so long.

|^|+1 |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Charlotte there is always someone out there than can do it cheaper. Does this mechanic have a shop that can give you a warranty. If not he is doing it as a side job. He has no over head pays no tax. He can do it cheaper. I think you got a good deal. Your mom did the right thing.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on March 19, 2016, 07:10:47 PM
Charlotte there is always someone out there than can do it cheaper. Does this mechanic have a shop that can give you a warranty. If not he is doing it as a side job. He has no over head pays no tax. He can do it cheaper. I think you got a good deal. Your mom did the right thing.

and 'Murphy's Law'...."ya never find a cheaper price, until you tell someone what you paid"....  w!w
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: JR on March 19, 2016, 07:10:47 PM

JR, this guy works at a shop but I don't know where and I don't know what kind of work the shop does.  It did hurt when he said that he could have done it for so much less, but the shop I used has an excellent reputation.  Charlotte's heart came with a good warranty.  I am satisfied.  God knows they put up with me visiting Charlotte several time a week while she was with them.  Shoot, people who I've never met call her by name.  It don't get much better than that.
Always move forward. Never look back.