• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 01:01:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 196
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Seems that winter's not done yet....

Started by Mugwump, February 26, 2013, 05:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

It's always something isn't it.   Mother Nature sure keeps us on our toes.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Best that I can tell, we got 8"+.....another round will add an inch+ today....blasted heavy stuff too....uuuuggggghhhh.... :P
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

i understand about STINKIN HURRICANES i lived in Florida for 10 years

Mugwump

We've had another inch and a little bit more expected tonight. Here's wishing that it's winter's 'last hooray'..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

well good ol' washington state had sunshine this morning and now we are having sprinkles..wait 5 minutes and it might change to all rain!!! but at least we can drive in it!!

Mugwump

Don't mess with me....you miss the midwest weather, don't ya??....LOL
Jon

greydragon

yes i miss the midwest weather thats where i fell through the ice when i was a  kid it happened in Des Moines Iowa i also miss the Iowa State Fair

shatanka

Quote from: greydragon on February 27, 2013, 06:14:48 PM
yes i miss the midwest weather thats where i fell through the ice when i was a  kid it happened in Des Moines Iowa i also miss the Iowa State Fair

OK, you have got to share the story of how you fell through the ice.  I bet you were traumatized! Heck, I bet your parents freaked out even more! I couldn't even imagine staying calm if one of my kids fell through the ice.

Mugwump

We had one of our boys step in an unused ice fisherma's hole...right up to the hip....was he ever cold, I carried him back to the car and got him a blanket and got the heater turned on...all this after telling them, "don't step in those holes, boys"......
Jon

shatanka

Oh my! Yeah, boys will be boys..well kids for that matter..don't really LISTEN when we talk. I bet he listened to you from then on out didn't he? Gosh, were you panicking yourself? I just fear getting stuck under after falling through and not being able to find the way back out again. We used to go ice fishing with my Dad as kids too..in fact at Honeoye Lake I believe ( can't really remember which right now). It was fun, and COLD.

greydragon

ok the story starts out on a beautiful day 50- 60 degrees my friend and i went camping we set up my little 2-man pup tent and my sleeping bag and some abit of food he had his sleeping bag bb gun and a bit of food.  we played and horsed around like best friends will we had our camp fire finally we got tired and went to bed when we woke up the tent was frozen and we had about 2 maybe 3 foot of snow covering everything  we decided to leave the tent as we couldnt pack up the tent so we put my sleeping bag and his bag into my backpack and decided to take the short-cut back to his house (2 miles instead of 4 miles) i was maybe 2 foot in front of my friend when we heard a crack  and i disappeared my friend realized that we where off course and had walked onto a pond my head came back up though the hole in the ice my friend had already laid down to spread his weight he said to drop my backpack but i took it off and tossed it to him he then handed me the his bb gun and slowly he pulled me out of the water. since we where off course we decided to get back to the main road and finish making  our way to his house by the time we got to his house i was almost frozen my clothes where frozen stiff my friends dad saw us coming down the road and ran out to us and he carried me the rest of the way home he called for an ambulance but was told it would be several hours before one would get out to his house he then called my mom to tell her what had happened and she told him what to do and what not to do to start warming me up so my friend and his dad started the slow process of warming me up when the ambulance driver finnally called him and asked him how i was doing he said i was because he couldnt get out to him he gave the drivers my vitals that was sent to the docktor said thats great you did just like we would have how did you know  and he said it was the kids mom that told us what to do(my mom was a lpn at the time) so i then went home later the next day and my mom took me to my docktor and i got the all is fine

Mugwump

Interesting story....and you were very lucky.....
Jon

PaulineMi

Whew..what a frightening event! You definitely were lucky it turned out for the best....except for the trauma.  :-\
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

shatanka

Yes, That was pretty scarey! Thank goodness your friend was there to save you! Wow. So glad to hear you escaped with no physical harm (except like Pauline said..except for the trauma). Thank you for sharing your story with us!