• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 02:22:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 130
Total: 131

Seems that winter's not done yet....

Started by Mugwump, February 26, 2013, 05:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Looks like another round of snow and heavy winds...it's Josh's, and Evan's, fault for sending this junk up from Kansas.... ;D.......sheesh...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Scott

EvanJ

Dont worry jon it not near as bad as they say, they said we were getting up to 20inches but only got 7. May the 13 inches that missed us is building up for you guys :P

Mugwump

Quote from: EvanJ on February 26, 2013, 06:56:38 AM
Dont worry jon it not near as bad as they say, they said we were getting up to 20inches but only got 7. May the 13 inches that missed us is building up for you guys :P

They're calling for about 7"....but we're over do for a dump....sheesh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

shatanka

Stay safe you guys! God, I hated driving in that stuff.  I hope you can stay indoors and not have to go out into it all for anything.

Mugwump

I just shoveled about 4" off the walks and driveway....self defense...LOL...I'm getting too old for this heavy,wet,heart attack snow....cripes, this stuff's heavy....keeps me in shape tho...LOL
Jon

ilroost

Mostly rain and ice here. They are saying we had over a inch of rain last night. Today they are calling for a inch of snow

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on February 26, 2013, 02:03:36 PM
Mostly rain and ice here. They are saying we had over a inch of rain last night. Today they are calling for a inch of snow

It's still coming pretty good here...I'm waiting for the city plow driver to come thru and pile up the foot of the driveway...LOL..never fails... :D
Jon

greydragon

so how much snow have you gotten from this storm?

Mugwump

It's hard to tell how much has come down yet...I know that I just shoveled 3-4 inches and the driveway's covered again...LOL..the snow didn't start until around noon, or so, our time....snowed really hard at the onset, and I guess tonite we get the 'loop around'.....who knows??..most likely 6+??? when all's said and done??....but, stay tuned....LOL...drifting doesn't help either...sheesh...pretty windy out there..
Jon

PaulineMi

It started here ss freezing rain a few hours ago. Now its heavy snow. My goofy dog keeps wanting to go outdoors to chase the snowflakes.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

greydragon

why cant it just warm up? its almost spring! so why not?

JR

Hate winter. When I was young I had the job of going out on the flight line and thaw out the hyd. lines on the fuel trucks. There were times when I had to dig the snow out to just get under the trucks. They always got stuck on the ramp when aircraft was coming in. Man I hate winter.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

greydragon

i have not like winter since i fell through the ice  as a child

shatanka

It's in the 70's in FL today!!!  :P  LMAO . You poor people... I am so sorry for your struggles through winter.  God, I hated that too. Never had a close call of falling through ice ( OMG) or having to work out in the snow ( except for us kids having to shovel our driveway out before went to school, GOD THAT SUCKED! lol)   BUT, look on the bright side...IN A FEW MONTHS I AM GONNA BE CRYIN' THE BLUES AND RUNNING  TO YOU ALL TO ASK FOR SOMEPLACE TO STAY WHEN THE STINKIN HURRICANES START SHOWING THEIR UGLY HORNS! lol  There was a freakin TORNADO watch this morning with some horrible sounding thunder that woke me RIGHT UP out of bed with that DEER IN THE HEAD LIGHT LOOK in my not fully opened eyes yet...at 5:30 in the morning too..if that helps!
(skeered the begeebers out of me, and my daughter, and my dogs, and my cats...we all kind of freaked out! lol)