• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 01:38:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 168
Total: 168

I've had it to the top of my dipstick

Started by Charlotte, March 14, 2016, 06:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

I love my mother but I'm sick and tired of this...Mom knows that my gas gauge doesn't work.  She carries a 2 gallon gas can in my bed which she has had to use numerous times.  I took her and her little dog to Hattiesburg today.  I ran out of gas 3 times!!!!!!!  Each time she stopped and put gas from the 2 gallon can in me and I started and ran perfectly because that is my job.  We passed a gazillion gas stations on the way home, but did she stop at one?  No. She finally stopped when I ran out before the interstate bridge within walking distance of our local station.  She had to walk a bit to fill her gas can.  Good. 

I gave her a piece if my mind.  I told her that since she is too stupid or lazy to keep up with the amount of fuel I have in me she will have to suck it up and have my gas tank pulled and put a new fuel pump in.  She knows I'm right.
Keep on Truckin'

Mugwump

LOL....when I had a bad gas gauge, I filled the tank and drove it dry....noted how many miles to the tank that I got....then filled up and cleared the trip gauge....I allowed a 50 mile cushion, and then filled again at that point......never ran out of gas again... ;D...but kept the gas can handy in case too...

fuel pump??....look for a rusted wire, or open connection (usually a ground wire)...or check the tank float....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Charlotte my love, I know that you're right. I will talk to both Chip and BJ tomorrow.  I will have the job done.  After all, it's just money, right?  You, my dear, know nothing of money.  I'd like it if you could walk a mile in my shoes.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 14, 2016, 06:36:20 PM
Charlotte my love, I know that you're right. I will talk to both Chip and BJ tomorrow.  I will have the job done.  After all, it's just money, right?  You, my dear, know nothing of money.  I'd like it if you could walk a mile in my shoes.

'E' never has stood for enough.... wfwf...even on a faulty gauge... ;D     fill the tank for her Charlotte  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Charlotte

Mr. Mugwump, I am the most basic of basic.  I don't have a trip gauge.  Mom has a combination lock sitting on my dash that she should set every time she has me filled up.  It's generally every 200 miles (my tank is small).  She never remembers to set the numbers on the lock.  She is slam pitiful at remembering that's it's usually every 2 weeks that I need to be fed.  I've had enough of her incompetence.
Keep on Truckin'

Mugwump

Quote from: Charlotte on March 14, 2016, 06:43:33 PM
Mr. Mugwump, I am the most basic of basic.  I don't have a trip gauge.  Mom has a combination lock sitting on my dash that she should set every time she has me filled up.  It's generally every 200 miles (my tank is small).  She never remembers to set the numbers on the lock.  She is slam pitiful at remembering that's it's usually every 2 weeks that I need to be fed.  I've had enough of her incompetence.

+1.... =;-)
Jon

Ron Sower

Charlotte, Sweetie, go easy on Mom. She's really pretty good to you, you know. She's saving you from the same fate as the Beast...don't forget that!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Dang, give me a break.  I know that I  w!w and mim  Mostly I thing about the gas but always think that Charlotte has more in her than she actually has.  I admit that I am I'm pitiful at keeping up with some shit. 

I will  have this fixed.  I must.  Charlotte will be driving to Dottie's place in TN.  I will have a show fish with me.  I don't want to run out of gas out in the sticks in an area I'm unfamiliar with.  Knowing me, It might happen.

Chip already checked all the and wires from the gauge to the gas tank.  Everything was fine.  The controller is bad and it is inside the fuel pump which is inside the gas tank.

I would prefer that Chip did this job rather than BJ.  BJ made Charlotte's heart whole again and he was nice to me.  I still prefer Chip even though he can be a PITA.  If he turns this job on Charlotte down and sends me across the street it will mean that he no longer likes me and wants to be done with me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Charlotte

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 14, 2016, 07:01:08 PM
Charlotte, Sweetie, go easy on Mom. She's really pretty good to you, you know. She's saving you from the same fate as the Beast...don't forget that!

I know, Mr. Ron Sower.  I do love my mother.  Nobody has ever treated me as well as she has.  She has told me that I will never go the way as the Beast. 

I guess I just got pissed off and had to speak my mind.  Mom got the message.  Please know that whenever I have run out of gas and she had nothing in reserve I have always do it right by a gas station.  I am a truck with a kind heart.  Still, enough is enough.
Keep on Truckin'