• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 05:48:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 169
Total: 170

Any Bluegrass Folks out there

Started by JR, February 25, 2013, 08:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Be going to Harlan Kentucky this weekend. Patty just gave me todays mail. I got a invitation to the Banjo pick off. I have been playing the Banjo for a very long time. My daddy put a banjo in my hands at the age of 7. I have played with some of the best banjo pickers. My granddaddy was best buds with Ralph Stanley. I have won the pick off 3 times in the past. I am going to win this year. But just in case wish me luck. Patty and I needed this. Get back to our roots and not have a care in the world. I have not been this happy in a long time. If God had made anything better then Bluegrss he would have kept it for himself.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Been to a few Bluegrass festivals in the past....many years ago.  Anyway best of luck in the pick off and be sure to let us know all about the event next week.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

shatanka

Oh wow..that is so cool!  Wishing you the best of luck in the contest. HEY...can you get us a video so we can hear your pickin'? THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!  I love banjo, fiddle, and bluegrass music. I especially have envied you all that play those instruments, especially the banjo. I don't understand how you do it. My mind doesn't think fast enough to make my fingers move fast enough! LOL  ENJOY!!!!!!!!

greydragon

i have never been to a festival or a concert in my 42 years of life(ok so i might not have a life)

shatanka

Quote from: greydragon on February 25, 2013, 08:26:06 PM
i have never been to a festival or a concert in my 42 years of life(ok so i might not have a life)

AWWW! lol  I am sure you do. HECK you just had a BIRTHDAY!!! Ok, so now, for a birthday present to yourself, go to a concert...and ENJOY!

greydragon

i didnt get anything for my birthday to tell the truth i very rarely get a gift on my birthday even as a child  now my sister on the other hand received a lot of stuff and has been to many concerts

shatanka

OH MY , now you are making me sad! lol   I don't usually get anything on my birthdays anymore either. They just seem like another day. BUT, to make it better, you MUST BUY YOURSELF SOMETHING SPECIAL to make YOU happy, OK?!

JR

Playing the Banjo is just second nature to me. Been playing it so long. I play a Deering Maple Blossom 5 string. Most guys play the Gibson RB3. My Maple Blossom puts the RB3 to Shame. They will be at 60 pickers there. It is a two day event. They do make a video of the eveny. It will take a month to get it but I will post it
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on February 25, 2013, 08:47:47 PM
Playing the Banjo is just second nature to me. Been playing it so long. I play a Deering Maple Blossom 5 string. Most guys play the Gibson RB3. My Maple Blossom puts the RB3 to Shame. They will be at 60 pickers there. It is a two day event. They do make a video of the eveny. It will take a month to get it but I will post it

Excellent....it be fun to see it...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

shatanka

YAY!  It will be like we are going there to watch you play! AWESOME! Good luck and have a pickin' good time!

ilroost

JR good luck. i to would like to see a video of you playing

Ron Sower

Totally looking forward to the video!

Ever been to the Galax Fiddler's Covention in Galax, Va?  It's about an hour drive from Roanoke, my home town.  Beautiful part of the country.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

That video will be so cool to see.  Make sure you get it posted for us.  You can tell your participation in the event has generated interest here.  ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Good luck! you and Patty have lots of fun and win the pick off.
Scott