• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:25:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 165
Total: 166

What a freakin freaked up Freakin Monday. Oyyyy!

Started by Frank The Plumber, February 25, 2013, 12:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank The Plumber

Oyyyyy!!!!! So as if Monday is not thee worstest est  day of the week. It's been slow in the plumbering side of this absolute fantasy of a life I have goin on here. So when the telephone rings this morning and the young lady needs a rescuing I'm ready to roll. She has a flooding back up and I'm happy to hit it a runnin. Sitting around the house waiting for service calls is just boring the cripes out of me. There is only so much fishy room stuff a feller can do before he goes toon looney.

So out of the shop I roll my service truck which I take really good care of. New brakes and rotors and all of the fun stuff 8 months ago. I keep it in good shape because it feeds me. I'm about half way to the gals home when I hear this screeching and grinding, holy smokes is that my truck or the little rice box rolling next to me? Sure enough it's my service truck. Son of a bippity. I pull over and listen to this scrunch scrunch sound. Cripes! That's a freaking spindle bearing, I hope it didn't lunch on my spindle. So i call the gal and have to cancel the call, dang it!!! I go to the joint where the guys had just replaced all of the bearings and rotors just 8 months ago. Oh they deny any type of responsibility what so ever. Oh you have a lot of weight in there seems to be the one they hang their hats on. I spent like $6 grand with these plunks in the last 2 years and they act like I am some dorf from the planet Dorflandia in the Just Get the Heck Out of here system. OK Plunks.

I go to the shop and take a look at this me selfs. I pull the brakes off, disc brakes of course and pull the rotor off. OH why looky there. The plunks used bright pink grease to lubricate spindle bearings on a truck with disc brakes. My foot is a twitchin. You see. That's not high temp there. It's cheap $5 a can stuff. The high heat is $22 a can. Oh twitchy twitchy my foots a tinglin for a butt to roll up onto. The junk over heated and ate the seal gasket and let water into the assembly and this ate the rear set of bearings. They are wonderful toasty brown color now . Swell. So about an hour and a half and a hondo later, because I had to buy both sides, because they doinked the other side as well, naturally, I get to have my truck rolling again without the screams of mercy.

So the plunks saved themselves $15 on a can of grease....I'm so happy for them. It only cost me like $300 for them to do so. Nice.

So why didn't I just do my own brake job? Oh...Well I thought I would be better off letting the professionals do it. Yeah ....Right.

Hay at least it didn't happen in the snow. :o

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

P4Angels2

And glad that nothing else serious happened wow what a way to start a week!!

shatanka

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on February 25, 2013, 12:05:29 PM
Oh they deny any type of responsibility what so ever. Oh you have a lot of weight in there seems to be the one they hang their hats on. I spent like $6 grand with these plunks
I pull the brakes off, disc brakes of course and pull the rotor off. OH why looky there. The plunks used bright pink grease to lubricate spindle bearings on a truck with disc brakes. My foot is a twitchin. You see. That's not high temp there. It's cheap $5 a can stuff. The high heat is $22 a can. Oh twitchy twitchy my foots a tinglin for a butt to roll up onto.

OMG FRANK!  I am so sorry this happened to you. I can't believe they did not accept any responsibility for any of this, especially when you checked it yourself and SAW the pink grease they used that caused the damage! I would take it right back to them and SHOW THEM what they did...and did wrong! HOLY COW.
I had something ( almost) similar happen to me just a few weeks ago at a STUPID Walmart that I ( will never go back to) oil change and tire replacement done at. Went to start the car after the oil change ( as they were shutting their bay doors of course!) and the car was spitting and sputtering. Well, because they were closing, I thought I couldn't get any help and went home. Got a flat the next day! Went to go drive the car..and OMG if it wasn't spitting and sputtering horribly. Took it back to Walmart to see what was up..they just lifted the hood..said, I don't see anything wrong here...told me to take it Advanced Auto for a free diagnostic!  That pissed me off because the darned thing wasn't spitting and sputtering when I brought the car there, so WHY SHOULD I BE SO INCONVENIENCED FROM SOMETHING YOU ALL DID TO IT? But, I had no choice because THEY didn't know what they were doing, nor did they know how to fix what they did...so off to Advanced. The man there ran the diagnostic and showed it was misfiring in 3 cylinders! He took some of the things off and on under there..can't remember right now what it was, something like a throttle switch or something?  Well, THANK GOD , just his pulling the pieces apart and putting back together FIXED it. Walmart idiots must have taken them off to replace the air filter and DIDN'T PUT THEM ON RIGHT OR GOT OIL OR DIRT IN THEM so they didn't register right. OMG that almost cost me an $80 thorough diagnostic at a mechanics because the Advanced Auto guy was not sure why this was happening..until he thankfully did his magic with pulling that switch apart and putting it back. BUT WOW..stupid stupid people I swear.

I'd go back there and SHOW them exactly what they did wrong and DEMAND they repair the damages from their ineptness now. My grandma always said..and in this case it is in the literal form...THE SQUEAKY WHEEL ALWAYS GETS THE GREASE! 

I hope you have a better day!

Mugwump

T'ain't Mondays great?.....sheesh.....hope it's getting better, Frank..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

that sucks they should have helped you out if they used the wrong grease

JR

That is just wrong. I owned a auto shop for 20 year. We had a 12 month 12000 mile warranty. That type of shop is why we all had a bad name. When they did your brake job they knew it was a work truck. So what if it was a work truck if the work had been done right it would of last for a lot longer. I hope you kept the bearings. I would take them back and show them to those so called technician. I would ask them how this could happen. Ask them to pay for it. This type of thing makes me very angry. The customer is who pays the bills. They wont have a shop long if they keep this up.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

b125killer

That sucks, I think I would of put my foot so far up someones butt that how ever pulled my foot out would be the next King Of England!
Scott

Frank The Plumber

I took the bearings to this shop. A big shop not just a little place. Show the bearings to the guy.  He says that it's because of the Chinese.  Well these are Timkins out of New York. So what did the Chinese have to do with it?  They remark them.  Well no they don't. What about this pink grease?  We use a high quality grease sir.  Like what? Gun grease?   The damage is not caused by lubricant sir, it is caused by weight and the truck has 56,000 miles on it.  Yeah but the rotor is new because when I had a brake job you guys don't cut rotors any longer.  Yeah but the bearings still have 56,000 miles on them.  Now why would that be?  Because you did not specify that you wanted new bearings. What???!!  Look at your parts list, what you paid for is what you received.  Well I don't see a new spindle seal on there either.  You got what you paid for the guy says.  So you guys pulled a set of races and bearings out of the rotor a reinstalled them with the old spindle seal.  " You received what you paid for sir" "Have a nice day" Then I got a little mad and loud and the police arrived and told me to leave or I would be arrested.

So I left. I didn't really want to extend my winning streak into another day or so.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

b125killer

What a bunch of butt holes.  Could you sue them or woldn't it be worth the hassle?
Scott

Mugwump

A lot of places are becoming like that...chasing the $$$'s away with ignorance...sad
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Nah you can't sue them. No body would want to bother with it. It's like the wild west.

shatanka

That is ridiculous! Glad you went back to show them, but how dare they throw it all back on you. "You get what you paid for"..OMG..I would have been in tears ( glad you raised enough shtank as you call it! lol  to get the cops there! lol Sorry you had to get that mad though! ). They should have replaced those bearings ( who in the heck puts OLD BEARINGS BACK ON?? WOW!) and they should used the right grease; it is clearly their ineptness. I can't believe this...oh wait, yes I can! AND, IT JUST SUCKS!  SO sorry about all of this. You should have replied, YEAH I GUESS I DO GET WHAT I PAID FOR...SHTANKKKKKK SHOTTY BUSINESS FROM YOU...NEVER AGAIN!
AND like Ron mentioned, report it all to the BBB. There is a site also called YELP, I think it is, where you can make mention of your experience with a company and it shows up on Google when someone tries to google their business. See if there is anything on the web like that started for this business and LET THEM HAVE IT that way I guess. You could sue...but it cost more to bring it to court with fees and all. I think small claims costs start at like $100, then you have to add on court costs etc. and your time..more time taken away from your business. Heck though, that could be part of your claim if you think about it..it cost you that job you were headed to, as well as others, and the time in going through all of this. I dunno..might be worth looking into? You have to have pics and documents of everything to back yourself up though.

shatanka

Oh..I think you can mention this mess on Angie's List too! Get them back where it hurts...in their pocket!  They'll get a taste of their own medicine...

ilroost

A letter to the editor in the local paper, let the people around know how these guy's work