• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 06:27:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 106
Total: 106

Tuesday treat....

Started by Mugwump, February 19, 2013, 04:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I've been simmering pork chops in mushroom soup, in the slow cooker, all day long...smells awful good in here...... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Mug...I love you, but IMO your taste in food sucks.   Sorry...I'm a huge snob when it comes to food.  If your pork chops in Campbell's turns you on, I'm happy for you. I'll be making Coq Au Vin tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Its the midwesterners need for stick-to-your ribs hearty meals.   :P
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 19, 2013, 08:25:56 PM
Its the midwesterners need for stick-to-your ribs hearty meals.   :P

Amen, Pauline...we don't need no 'Yuppy chow'.....LOL....but I'll have some of yours Liz...doesn't sound bad.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Liz has all sorts of good foods she cooks.  We should have a recipe thread here so we can share certain recipes?
Barb

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Frank The Plumber

I made a garlic pesto today.

I make two variations, raw and grilled.

The raw garlic pesto consists of garlic minced and soaked in ice cold water to debite it, extra virgin olive oil, fresh minced basil and a couple of drops of balsamic vinegar to taste. This ages for several days prior to using. You rotate the jar to keep the contents in suspension for good flavor.

The grilled version is done very similarly except I place the full peeled gloves into the oven in a bit of water at 350 for 30 minutes to an hour. I want them to mush into a paste when I press upon them. I make a mash out of the garlic and paste it add fine cut raw chives into it to add a bit bite back in and add the basil oil and may or may not add the balsamic. You refrigerate both of these.

I use these as cutters to cut plaques and as a salt substitute. So add no salt.

In the warm months I place the garlic in my little smoker, poke some holes in it and add a piece of apple or other flavor wood. Let it roast for an hour or so. Adds a new dimension in flavor.

You can place this on some nice bread, into a salad, dress a piece of meat or fish with it. It's nice and it's not salt

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

I like it, Frank....I'll have to give it a try...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Frank the Plumber. will you please be my paramour?  Mrs. Plumber needn't know.  Tell her you have to go away on fish business a few times a year.  All you'll have to do is cook.  The first time, you'll need to bring me a group of Chocolate Angles and advise me  on how to breed them.  After that, all you need to do is cook.

My persona on the forums is of a 62 year old woman.  In reality, I am a 24 year old model :P

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 21, 2013, 04:55:58 PM
My persona on the forums is of a 62 year old woman.  In reality, I am a 24 year old model :P

LOL.....you're precious, Liz.....love it...
Jon

Frank The Plumber

I have a 24 year old wife.   ;D
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

LizStreithorst

Tell her that the model in Mississippi thinks that she got her a good catch.

P4Angels2

Guess I am lucky Aron gets great blue chocolate chip angels for us!!! Just turn him loose in the kitchen and look out never know what he will create....Hmmm sounds like a mad scientist don't he?????

P4Angels

[size=78%]In reality, I am a 24 year old model[/size] :P

Watch out she is going to have to change her profile picture to match... LOL
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

P4Angels

Quote from: P4Angels on February 22, 2013, 12:57:29 PM
[size=78%]In reality, I am a 24 year old model[/size] :P

Watch out she is going to have to change her profile picture to match... LOL  Hmmm.   Sounds like someone has been playing with the bottom of wine bottles again.....
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...