• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 06:17:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 200
Total: 200

Captain Bob goes Sprint car racing!!

Started by Rjb3, February 06, 2016, 08:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

Here's how we ended up this evening. Fast time qualifier, second place in our heat race, and we won the feature event. Not a bad first night at all.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 08, 2016, 01:46:37 AM
Here's how we ended up this evening. Fast time qualifier, second place in our heat race, and we won the feature event. Not a bad first night at all.

Congrat's !!....I'll bet it feels good to have the first races of the season done....?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 08, 2016, 06:04:14 AM
Quote from: Rjb3 on May 08, 2016, 01:46:37 AM

Congrat's !!....I'll bet it feels good to have the first races of the season done....?
Nice going!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

Thanks everyone. When I get used to it a month or two into the season, I'll probably post less and less about it. But for now it's still pretty new.

Rjb3

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Won the heat race. Now we set our sights on the feature.

Rjb3

Well, we're home. The feature didn't go so well. We started seventh in a thirteen car field. As soon as we took the green the front row tangled and started flipping end over end. We got caught up in it and started flipping, too. Our driver is okay, but the car is totaled. The front and rear axles were both torn out of the car. Two of the wheels are bent beyond repair. The chassis is bent and broken. All the links and radius rods are bent and or broken.

The idiot that caused the wreck came over and said he was sorry. Tough night. The good thing is we have another car back at the shop that's ready to race.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 22, 2016, 12:27:13 AM
Well, we're home. The feature didn't go so well. We started seventh in a thirteen car field. As soon as we took the green the front row tangled and started flipping end over end. We got caught up in it and started flipping, too. Our driver is okay, but the car is totaled. The front and rear axles were both torn out of the car. Two of the wheels are bent beyond repair. The chassis is bent and broken. All the links and radius rods are bent and or broken.

The idiot that caused the wreck came over and said he was sorry. Tough night. The good thing is we have another car back at the shop that's ready to race.

....I'm glad to hear that everyone's ok....those starts can be pretty dicey....in all of racing....
Jon

Rjb3

Well, season is over this Saturday. It will be official on Saturday. Our driver won the championship at both Sun Prairie and Wilmot. It was a good season.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron