• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:41:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 125
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

Captain Bob goes Sprint car racing!!

Started by Rjb3, February 06, 2016, 08:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

We all knew the weather was headed this way. They already cancelled the Saturday races yesterday. I will wait impatiently until next week.

The good news is (Tuh da da dut da dah) I got a really big raise at the gun shop for doing a good job and bringing in business. The raise will almost cover my health insurance for the year.

And . . . . . Trap season opens tomorrow. Gale and I are shooting on a trap team in a league this year. That starts on Monday.

I feel old some days, but I'll never get old because I look forward to things. You know, like a kid.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on April 30, 2016, 07:20:58 PM
We all knew the weather was headed this way. They already cancelled the Saturday races yesterday. I will wait impatiently until next week.

The good news is (Tuh da da dut da dah) I got a really big raise at the gun shop for doing a good job and bringing in business. The raise will almost cover my health insurance for the year.

And . . . . . Trap season opens tomorrow. Gale and I are shooting on a trap team in a league this year. That starts on Monday.

I feel old some days, but I'll never get old because I look forward to things. You know, like a kid.

Congrat's on the raise !!.....'old'.......LOL....is relative.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Rjb3 on April 30, 2016, 07:20:58 PM

Me to! That's the way to live your life.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

Our first try at league trap shooting went well. Once ya get the first one out of the way it's all downhill now. Scores weren't stellar, but we didn't embarrass ourselves. We're all friends so that makes it easy.

Mugwump

..looks like rain again for tomorrow..??....I hope it misses you guys so you can get the race in ok... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I noticed that, too. The car is ready. I mounted all the new tires and set the pressures. They're all listed by size on a spread sheet so stagger can be easily calculated and changed. We are so ready to go racing.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 06, 2016, 05:30:45 AM
I noticed that, too. The car is ready. I mounted all the new tires and set the pressures. They're all listed by size on a spread sheet so stagger can be easily calculated and changed. We are so ready to go racing.

+1..... ;D
Jon

Rjb3

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 28, 2016, 08:49:50 AM
As I watch the front wheels wobble in the curves I wonder haw you manage to keep them on the vehicle all the time!

I know what you mean. It's kinda like a controlled skid constantly adjusted by the driver. I love to see the tires go back and forth.

The wheel lugs and tire pressures are checked every time the car comes off the track. At least once during the night the stagger is checked in case the tires grew. So far, I've only been involved in testing and watching hot laps. I can't wait to see the car in a race.

A long time ago I was involved in a stock car team. Every time the car came off the track my job was to check the lugs. They always loosened up. Every time. The sprint car not so much. That old Plymouth was a modified street car that wasn't designed to do what we were doing with it. The sprint car is designed from the ground up to race. The big lo' nut on each rear wheel doesn't move much after you tighten it.

The tires are set to make the car want to turn. Big ones on the outside. The caster is also set on the front wheels so it also makes the car want to turn. The front only has brakes on the left. It's definitely set for left turn only.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 06, 2016, 05:48:34 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on April 28, 2016, 08:49:50 AM
As I watch the front wheels wobble in the curves I wonder haw you manage to keep them on the vehicle all the time!

I know what you mean. It's kinda like a controlled skid constantly adjusted by the driver. I love to see the tires go back and forth.

The wheel lugs and tire pressures are checked every time the car comes off the track. At least once during the night the stagger is checked in case the tires grew. So far, I've only been involved in testing and watching hot laps. I can't wait to see the car in a race.

A long time ago I was involved in a stock car team. Every time the car came off the track my job was to check the lugs. They always loosened up. Every time. The sprint car not so much. That old Plymouth was a modified street car that wasn't designed to do what we were doing with it. The sprint car is designed from the ground up to race. The big lo' nut on each rear wheel doesn't move much after you tighten it.

The tires are set to make the car want to turn. Big ones on the outside. The caster is also set on the front wheels so it also makes the car want to turn. The front only has brakes on the left. It's definitely set for left turn only.

...wider tire on the inside..??
Jon

Rjb3

Wider and bigger around on the outside. Pressures are different, too. Five pounds inside and ten outside. You can hear it when the tires are gripping just right.

Rjb3

We're finally here. I'm broadcasting live from Wilmot Speedway.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 07, 2016, 03:34:38 PM
We're finally here. I'm broadcasting live front Wilmot Speedway.

....good luck, have fun.....be safe.... |^|
Jon

Rjb3

We set fast time in qualifying. How cool is that.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 07, 2016, 07:01:34 PM
We set fast time in qualifying. How cool is that.

Why that is extremely cool  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|....
Jon

Ron Sower

Hope you saved something for the races!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron