• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 08:36:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 285
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 293
Total: 293

oh boy.....*groan*

Started by Mugwump, February 18, 2013, 07:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 20, 2013, 08:18:19 AM
I dislike hot weather also.  When I was in Washington state last May I thought the weather,  temperature wise,  was perfect. Kinda wet though.  ::)

San Diego is great...averages mid-upper 70's with ocean breezes.......I'm not a heat lover anymore either......I was cured of that....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Just got up... The weather yesterday was beautiful, just like Lori wrote.  But it's cloudy and 38 right now.  I live about a 45 minute drive south of Lori and Aron in Federal Way, just north of Tacoma (that time can really vary with the stupid traffc we have in this Seattle Area!!)  The weather here gets ''really''cold (in 20's - 30's) for about 1-2 weeks here in winter and ''really'' hot (90's) for about 1-2 weeks in summer.  I've found that the average winter daytime temp is about 45 and summer is about 77.   It's funny; during all the rain we have thru the winter we hear people complining about how wet it is, then summer gets here, and we get to the 2 wonderful weeks of the high 80's and 90's and they complain about the heat!!

I moved here from the western part of VA (Roanoke) and find the climate a little long on the moist side. However I did a search and found that VA has a higher precipitation average than the  Seattle area!  Lots of places do.  Our area just has drizzle all thru the winter.

Oh well, enough of that.  Time to join you in a cup of coffee.  Hve you had your third one yet?   :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 20, 2013, 10:46:13 AM

Oh well, enough of that.  Time to join you in a cup of coffee.  Hve you had your third one yet?   :D

I've often thought how the atmosphere on this forum is similar to a group of people sitting around with their cups of coffee chit-chatting....albeit from a distance.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 20, 2013, 10:46:13 AM

Third cup??...I think I'm on the third pot......LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

Well for my caffeine fix my drink of choice is Mt Dew.....so you all in enjoy the coffee and I will enjoy the coldness of my soda
But yes it is fun to hear!! and read about everyone so far away and what they are doing

Mugwump

It seems that winter is going to happen all at once this year....another bigger heading our way across the plains......oh boy.....
Jon

P4Angels2

Telling you Jon its the voodoo we sent to you the other night

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on February 20, 2013, 06:37:24 PM
Telling you Jon its the voodoo we sent to you the other night

Yeah?..well here's some 'woodoo coodoo shoodoo' back at ya.....LOL
Jon

P4Angels2

lol they are saying that Tucson has had more snow than Seattle this year!!! so we will let you keep your   'woodoo coodoo shoodoo' as our tanks are filling up quite nicely with babies!!

Ron Sower

that's not hard to do Aron!  Seattle never gets much snow at all!  However, from what we are hearing we're going  to have unseasonably cool weather on into May.  I'm cold now!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels2

It was that way til about June last year Ron but much better than looking at piles and piles of snow built up and then all the dirt and sand making it all yucky looking!!!

Ron Sower

OOps! 
Sorr Lori...I missed the ''2"!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels2