• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 02:26:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 164
Total: 165

Dinner

Started by LizStreithorst, February 16, 2013, 06:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

No potato chip sandwiches for me, thank you very much.  I made boiled snow crab legs with lemon butter for dinner.  It was so easy to make and it was a work of art.  I have all the shells left over to make a good fish stock from.  They have little bits of crab in them.  Just imagine the flavor they will give to a fish stew.

Dang, I'm making myself hungry even though I'm full to the gill.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Hmmm,,,potato chip sandwich might go well for dessert???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on February 16, 2013, 06:23:21 PM
Hmmm,,,potato chip sandwich might go well for dessert???

Lol. 

Liz, your snow crab dinner sounds wonderful.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

Snow crabs are one of my favorite things to eat

Mugwump

They really do sound delicious, we used to have a local place that had them, but they moved....sad....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I got mine from a guy who came around in a truck selling shrimp and oysters.  Then they pulled out the frozen Snow Crab!  He came to my shop.  I don't have the sign up that says that people wanting to sell me something must stay away. I think that would be rude.  I generally just give money to people I feel are true.  Sometimes they come by with their over the top stuff like snow crab.

Mugwump

It was your lucky day.... ;D.....I like steamed clams, but finding decent ones around here is impossible. We head towards the city....
Jon

b125killer

That sounds good but I couldn't have it :( I have a shellfish allergy. I found out about that by eating lobster. The bad thing is I like the lobster. nothing sucks more than liking what you can't have. I'll have to stick with the potato chip sandwich LOL.   
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on February 16, 2013, 07:55:59 PM
That sounds good but I couldn't have it :( I have a shellfish allergy. I found out about that by eating lobster. The bad thing is I like the lobster. nothing sucks more than liking what you can't have. I'll have to stick with the potato chip sandwich LOL.   

Atta boy....stick to the good stuff....LOL...
Jon

Frank The Plumber

Every couple of months I go to Issacson's and Steins, it's right around Halstead and Lake St's. I think it's on Market St. at Halstead. If it swims anywhere they have it or can get it. They are a wholesaler for food type fish. I always get a couple of dozen clams oysters and a Dungeoness or a couple pounds of snow crab legs. i bought some polpo or Octopus there last time and grilled it after I soaked it in sweet red wine for a bit. A little olive oil and some tomatoes basil and garlic paste over fava beans and you have something nice. Go early if you make the trip.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on February 17, 2013, 10:35:19 AM
Every couple of months I go to Issacson's and Steins, it's right around Halstead and Lake St's. I think it's on Market St. at Halstead. If it swims anywhere they have it or can get it. They are a wholesaler for food type fish. I always get a couple of dozen clams oysters and a Dungeoness or a couple pounds of snow crab legs. i bought some polpo or Octopus there last time and grilled it after I soaked it in sweet red wine for a bit. A little olive oil and some tomatoes basil and garlic paste over fava beans and you have something nice. Go early if you make the trip.

You must hit Russell's on the way home for some BBQ...??
Jon

LizStreithorst

Please don't talk about Dungeoness.  I had forgotten how wonderful it is and you've made me remember.