• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:49:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 137
Total: 137

All I think about is cars

Started by LizStreithorst, January 20, 2016, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Almost all, anyway.  When I'm not working on dogs or fish cars won't stay out of my head.  I miss my dear Charlotte so much.  I will make a fool of myself and visit her Friday.  I haven't seen her Monday.   

The poor Beast.  I'm selling him down the river :-[  I think about getting getting The Beast all spiffed up and selling him.  I'll ask shiny man how to get the best out of him that I can myself.  I'll show him my buffer and bonnets.  I'll ask him about products.  I could never do a job like he does but I want to do my best.  He'll tell me.  Then I'll give him $10. for having saved me from spending $175. on a job I think he would prefer not to do.  Chip said that it would take him 2 days.  Shiny man doesn't charge much for his time but even at $10. an hour two days work adds up to a lot of money.  The poor beast.

During the time I'm not yearning for Charlotte and worrying about The Beast I'm thinking about buying something new (well new for me).  I wonder if I will buy a little Popemobile of my very own or a normal bland car.  I love that little Fiat.  It's bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside.  From the outside it doesn't look much bigger than a shoe.  I stole that line from Jeremy Clarkson.  He had a blast in the fancy version of my little shoe.  https://vimeo.com/87381823
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

Sometimes when people comment about how small the 500 looks I tell them "I'm saving up to buy one for the other foot".

You are correct about the size. It's much bigger inside than it looks to be. I'm 6'2" and wear my slouch hat while driving.

BallAquatics

My son's Toyota Echo is like that too.  It's super roomy inside, gets 50+ MPG, and is quite fun to drive with the 5 speed stick.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 20, 2016, 08:39:41 PM
Almost all, anyway.  When I'm not working on dogs or fish cars won't stay out of my head.  I miss my dear Charlotte so much.  I will make a fool of myself and visit her Friday.  I haven't seen her Monday.   

The poor Beast.  I'm selling him down the river :-[  I think about getting getting The Beast all spiffed up and selling him.  I'll ask shiny man how to get the best out of him that I can myself.  I'll show him my buffer and bonnets.  I'll ask him about products.  I could never do a job like he does but I want to do my best.  He'll tell me.  Then I'll give him $10. for having saved me from spending $175. on a job I think he would prefer not to do.  Chip said that it would take him 2 days.  Shiny man doesn't charge much for his time but even at $10. an hour two days work adds up to a lot of money.  The poor beast.

During the time I'm not yearning for Charlotte and worrying about The Beast I'm thinking about buying something new (well new for me).  I wonder if I will buy a little Popemobile of my very own or a normal bland car.  I love that little Fiat.  It's bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside.  From the outside it doesn't look much bigger than a shoe.  I stole that line from Jeremy Clarkson.  He had a blast in the fancy version of my little shoe.  https://vimeo.com/87381823

Ya know Liz.....I think that this is the car for you.  |^| 
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 21, 2016, 09:54:44 AM

The problem for me would be bending over to get in....oh, my back!!!!!  :o
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

,,remember Ron, that Liz is petite....she'll still think that she's riding in the 'beast'... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 21, 2016, 11:55:59 AM
,,remember Ron, that Liz is petite....she'll still think that she's riding in the 'beast'... ;D

I have never met her or seen photos of her, but I know she's feisty and severely independent... a GOOD combination!  ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 21, 2016, 06:01:48 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 21, 2016, 11:55:59 AM

I have never met her or seen photos of her, but I know she's feisty and severely independent... a GOOD combination!  ;)

Liz and Barb....

Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm 5'3".  I'm considered within the range of average height by the skin of my teeth.  Small is nice.  I can get into close places and do things that big people can't do.  On the other hand, I envy someone who can reach up to do something overhead that I'd need a step ladder for.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on January 21, 2016, 09:54:44 AM

I think you are right, Mug.  This car is what I must have.  Now to find one here in BFN.  I will make it happen. 

I have followed my head as well as my heart on this one.  I saw the little shoe and fell in love with it's style.  Then I read the reviews and they say it's great! 

LizStreithorst

I saw that one My Captain.  I have to recover from Charlotte's repair, sell The Beast, and save up for a few months before I can think about buying.

Barb

She is a pretty little thing Liz, if you get her, I think you should name her Val, short for Valentine, since you will be getting her about then.  You deserve a nice valentine's gift to yourself, don't you think?
Barb

LizStreithorst

I nixed the little red one.  It's an automatic.  But lookie here what I found just down the interstate in Metairie.  It an actual Abarth...It's turbocharged.  It is a real sports car.  It's more than I want to spend but it has my heart beating fast again.  I'll take it slow.  I'll drive down in Charlotte Monday and take a look-see and do a little price talking.  I won't pay as much as they're asking.  http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=usedPaidSearchNoZip&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=m98&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=39459&distance=150&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=true&filtersModified=true#listing=133353825_isFeatured

LizStreithorst