• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 10:19:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 151
Total: 151

Uh Oh.....

Started by Mugwump, February 15, 2013, 09:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

I believe it's Sky View.  There is also a Sky Map app.  I don't have it on my current phone to check which one I had.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Thanx....I found a Utube about it..... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Nope...not it.  My bad.  Perhaps it's Sky Map.  It was free, very simple with lines connecting the stars showing the make up of the constellation and the constellation's name.

Mine was in the Android app store for my Android phone.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

shatanka

I just asked my younger daughter and she said she used "Sky View" too. She got it from the iphone. She said she got it in the "ap store"..whatever that means, sounds like Pauline was right on target (God, i am so old fashioned and technically challenged, wouldn't know where to look for anything if I had to! Can you tell I don't have one of these phones lol). It's cool cuz you can hold your phone up to the sky and point it to the stars and the constellation that it is possibly pointing to, comes up on your screen and tells you what it is and stuff. It points out the planets and stuff too I think. Your grandson will love it!

PaulineMi

Then perhaps it's that the iPhone version looks quite a bit different from the one I had on my Android.  Besides just knowing it's a grandson using it the way to use it will be second nature to  him.  :)

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on February 16, 2013, 12:12:43 PM
http://www.skymaponline.net/       ???????

That looks more like what I had on my phone.

Don't mean to cause confusion.............   ???

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 16, 2013, 12:31:43 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 16, 2013, 12:12:43 PM
http://www.skymaponline.net/       ???????

That looks more like what I had on my phone.

Don't mean to cause confusion.............   ???

I was born confused......... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

shatanka

WOW...that was a spectacular video footage of that asteroid! Now that was more interesting to see than watching an almost gray screen for an hour on the NASA channel hoping to get a live glimpse of it!
I then saw this in the upper corner of the youtube video you just posted. OMG, can you imagine seeing this thing passing through the air overhead..then hearing the sonic boom after? Look at the 2 endtrails in the sky..so odd! What would you think? lol  I wish I could understand Russian to know what they are saying! Never mind, I know what it was..."bleep, bleepin, holy bleep!" lol

b125killer

I think I would just kiss my butt good bye.  I think the two endtrails are from it breaking up.
Scott