• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 06:16:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 128
Total: 129

PLASTIC AIR STONES

Started by ghonk, January 03, 2016, 08:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

I finally connected my new Alita 15A air pump a couple days ago,currently only have 6 drops running off it,2 other tanks still running off another pump till i run the lines.

I also want to set up 3-4 more tanks soon,and run all new lines at that time.I'm guessing the Alita wouldn't have a problem with that many drops from the reviews  i have seen online.

But i decided to order 12 plastic air stones off ebay,it should take much less pressure to run them,and i  think i will be able the run many more tank if i decide to set up some more in the future.

They aren't listed as Ziss - Zad brand on ebay,but look identical to the ones i saw online.
If they get clogged you can take them apart for cleaning,i bought 12 but they have other quantities available.

Will update once i get them and see what kind of flow i get.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-pc-plastic-air-stones-/171888720922?hash=item28055dbc1a:g:~-YAAOSwnDxUrExA

Mugwump

Aron had a thread on here somewhere about the plastic air stones too....the ones he was getting were the banded multi-colored ones...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The multi colored ones are the ones I have.  I love them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 03, 2016, 09:12:12 AM
The multi colored ones are the ones I have.  I love them.

You got yours from David, right??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

ghonk

I saw the review that aron did,i think it was on  youtube and had a link here.
The  multi colored one i saw on line cost a lot more,unless you want to get them  from china and wait 2 months to receive them.

Many years ago that's all we used at a shop i worked at,they were green,thin rings held together by a bottom piece  that screwed on.

They might have been plenn-plax,but i can't remember for sure.I searched a few years ago online for them,hoping they were still available and couldn't find them,i guess they weren't making enough money  that way.   

Mugwump

Jon

ghonk

I got them,probably   switch   out a couple tomorrow and see how they work.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on January 08, 2016, 01:26:22 PM
I got them,probably   switch   out a couple tomorrow and see how they work.

nice....how many did you get ?...$$$'s each?....
Jon

ghonk

12 was 9.99 + 3.99 shipping.Comes out to be about $1.16 each.
They have larger quantities too,they would be a little cheaper that way because the shipping is only a little more.

Ebay link in the first post.   

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on January 08, 2016, 01:46:29 PM
12 was 9.99 + 3.99 shipping.Comes out to be about $116 each.
They have larger quantities too,they would be a little cheaper that way because the shipping is only a little more.

Ebay link in the first post.   

$116 each...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... wfwf
Jon

ghonk

You think that's to much,they are way cheaper then the multi colored ones from what i have seen.
I mainly got them because they should take a lot less air to run,but never having to replace them is a bonus too.

I have mostly ATI sponge filters,that's what i plan on using them for,and hatching eggs.
I also normally use air stones when i hatch shrimp,not a good thing i heard because they can build up bacteria,so that won't be a problem if i use these.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on January 08, 2016, 02:32:13 PM
You think that's to much,they are way cheaper then the multi colored ones from what i have seen.
I mainly got them because they should take a lot less air to run,but never having to replace them is a bonus too.

I have mostly ATI sponge filters,that's what i plan on using them for,and hatching eggs.
I also normally use air stones when i hatch shrimp,not a good thing i heard because they can build up bacteria,so that won't be a problem if i use these.

There was no decimal point when you posted the $$$'s....LOL...$116....not $1.16
Jon

ghonk

LOL,i get it now. 
Let me tell you, if i could afford to spend $116 each for a dozen air stones i would be doing something other then posting about them.

Hookers and cocaine. :) 

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on January 08, 2016, 02:42:45 PM
LOL,i get it now. 
Let me tell you, if i could afford to spend $116 each for a dozen air stones i would be doing something other then posting about them.

Hookers and cocaine. :)

LOL...
Jon