• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 06:50:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 205
Total: 205

Any baseball fans here?

Started by Mugwump, February 11, 2013, 05:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Love the minor leagues.... some of the best ball I've ever seen has been at the Columbus Clippers.  A-Rod and his kind have ruined the majors for me.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 11, 2013, 06:10:07 PM
Love the minor leagues.... some of the best ball I've ever seen has been at the Columbus Clippers.  A-Rod and his kind have ruined the majors for me.....

Dennis

We go over to the Kane county Cougar games too...and yes, good baseball...our local college team fields a decent team every year too(NIU)......I like the local HS basketball games..awesome stuff....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS!!!!.  enough said

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on February 11, 2013, 06:48:31 PM
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS!!!!.  enough said

For cry'n out loud...LOL..I should have know....sheesh...but I did have Lohse last year on my Fantasy team(NL only league, real baseball)....I wonder where he'll end up this year, Card's have indicated that they're not going to sign him....???
Jon

LizStreithorst

There is something about baseball.  I love the sound of it.  Once upon a time the sound of baseball was all over the radio.  No more.  I haven't watched a game in God knows how long.  I can't say why.  I guess that I should go watch the college teams close to me.  Baseball is big in MS and our teams produce some good players.  Professional baseball turn me off.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

How can a person putz in the garage, or garden, and not have a 'ball game on the radio??...impossible......pop the hood, turn on the ball game....pick up the push broom to sweep the garage, turn on the ball game....yada yada...go to weed the garden, turn on the ball game....
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on February 12, 2013, 05:43:51 PM
How can a person putz in the garage, or garden, and not have a 'ball game on the radio??

I listen to the BBC or some POD cast.....  TED, BlueZoo, Aquariamania, etc.

Last time I listened to pro ball on the radio, Lou Piniella took Cincinnati to the 1990 World Series and swept the heavily-favored Oakland A's in 4 games.  Marge still owned the club and we had a bunch of young guys and some old guys nobody else wanted.  Old Billy Hatcher, washed up with Houston, played just 27 games for Pittsburgh then ended up with us and had one of the best seasons of his career in 1990.   He stole 30 bases, in August he tied the major league record against the Cubs with four doubles in one game. He ended up leading National League outfielders in fielding percentage (.997) on the season.  I remember when the series started they said Cincinnati would be lucky if they won 1 game.  Four games latter it was over and Oakland didn't know what hit them  lol lol lol

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 12, 2013, 06:36:26 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 12, 2013, 05:43:51 PM
How can a person putz in the garage, or garden, and not have a 'ball game on the radio??

I listen to the BBC or some POD cast.....  TED, BlueZoo, Aquariamania, etc.

Last time I listened to pro ball on the radio, Lou Piniella took Cincinnati to the 1990 World Series and swept the heavily-favored Oakland A's in 4 games.  Marge still owned the club and we had a bunch of young guys and some old guys nobody else wanted.  Old Billy Hatcher, washed up with Houston, played just 27 games for Pittsburgh then ended up with us and had one of the best seasons of his career in 1990.   He stole 30 bases, in August he tied the major league record against the Cubs with four doubles in one game. He ended up leading National League outfielders in fielding percentage (.997) on the season.  I remember when the series started they said Cincinnati would be lucky if they won 1 game.  Four games latter it was over and Oakland didn't know what hit them  lol lol lol

Dennis

You're stretching that a bit....LOL...the Reds pulled a minor miracle being in 1st place the whole year......how often is that done?...Dibble , Myers...not too shabby a staff either...but yep, they swept Oakland with the likes of Dave Stewart, Eckersley, McGwire, Conseco, Ricky Henderson, Willie Randolph and others.....it was a shocker to the AL,,,but NL folks saw it coming....LOL

Jon

P4Angels

Quote from: Mugwump on February 11, 2013, 05:57:04 PM
Go Cubs!!!!!!!!!..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I need to get back there this summer and we can do a Game jon....
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels on February 14, 2013, 11:32:33 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 11, 2013, 05:57:04 PM
Go Cubs!!!!!!!!!..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I need to get back there this summer and we can do a Game jon....

Yes you do....that would be a blast.. ;D
Jon

P4Angels2

Go Cubs!!!!!!!!!.....       

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on February 15, 2013, 10:45:38 AM
Go Cubs!!!!!!!!!.....     

"It's a great day for baseball.....Let's play two"....Ernie Banks       ;D
Jon

ilroost

Even though i'm a cardinal fan, i always liked going to wrigley field. It is one of the greatest ball parks of all time

greydragon

i havent paid much attention since it was the Iowa Cubs   lol