• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Checkerboard Cichlid Spawn

Started by Second Hand Pat, December 05, 2015, 07:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Second Hand Pat

Doubt this spawn will survive but cool to see.

Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Mugwump

Good vid, thanks for sharing......how long before they hatch..free swim, etc..?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Second Hand Pat

Not sure Jon. I noticed the spawn two days ago and the eggs appear freshly hatched last night. I will continue to observe and report back.
Pat

Second Hand Pat

The fry are stil alive and continue to stay in a large mass. Mom moves them several times a day. As of this morning it is roughly 36 hours from hatch (best guess).

Second Hand Pat

Mugwump

...cool, looks like a slew of them in there.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Second Hand Pat

Thanks Jon, waiting for them to go free swimming and if they can survive with moms help need to catch them and move them out somehow.

Mugwump

Quote from: Second Hand Pat on December 07, 2015, 02:18:51 PM
Thanks Jon, waiting for them to go free swimming and if they can survive with moms help need to catch them and move them out somehow.

...catching those little darln's will be fun.... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Congrats on the spawn Pat. Nice video and music too. I enjoyed it.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Second Hand Pat

Second Hand Pat

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 07, 2015, 06:00:07 PM
Congrats on the spawn Pat. Nice video and music too. I enjoyed it.  |^| |^| |^|

Thanks Willie :)