• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 06:50:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 206
Total: 206

..as usual, a quick trip..

Started by Mugwump, December 04, 2015, 02:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...down stairs turns into about 4hrs.....got to putz'nn a bit....did huge fry water changes, moved Koi fry to bigger tanks...switched the pairs to different tanks ....did some more huge water changes...some more fish around....Jan came down to help me move some fry....so we did some more fish tank rehoming and more big water changes....it looks real good...we're happy with everything  |^|....Plats are cleaning..the big boy marble and his gal have tubes down,,,the redder Koi pair are cleaning....the Pinoy Zebra/Pinoy Leopard pair are cleaning.....

...so we finally sat down and watched a BN pair cavort in/out and around his cave....she's a nice 'Cougar' female too.. ;D....

...It was a good day....much done....I evened folded and brought the last load of clothes from the dryer up.....

....Fresh pot of coffee brewing.. |^|.....all is good  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

The plats aren't pearls are they,i want some of the offspring if they throw albinos.
Do you have any other pairs throwing albinos?

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on December 04, 2015, 05:41:33 PM
The plats aren't pearls are they,i want some of the offspring if they throw albinos.
Do you have any other pairs throwing albinos?

Mom's a pearl, Dad is 'het' for pearl....and yes they should each carry an Albino gene.....when I pull it, I'll treat the spawn as Albino....low/no light...lower water level, etc....I even have vinegar eels for first/early feedings too... ;D.....we'll what happens.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Is that the only plat pair you have,i thought i saw one of your pics and they both looked to be non pearls.Maybe i just didn't notice it.

No other pairs throwing albinos that you know of. 

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on December 04, 2015, 06:48:25 PM
Is that the only plat pair you have,i thought i saw one of your pics and they both looked to be non pearls.Maybe i just didn't notice it.

No other pairs throwing albinos that you know of.

The original pair didn't show the pearl...but they were both 'het' for it, so I did get some....that pair was 'het' albino too, but I never was able to spot them and separate them properly.....hence when I yank this spawn, I'll raise initially as if they were all albino....at least til I get them big enough to feed properly, etc...
Jon