• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 10:33:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 148
Total: 149

home savings tricks...

Started by Mugwump, December 01, 2015, 10:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..we ran out of dishwasher soap, so I googled and alternative.....guess what?....2-3 drops of Dawn (any dish soap) and a palm full of baking soda does the trick.....I'm impressed...and this is way cheaper to us than Cascade.....

We might just do it this way from now on..??....you can add a bit of white vinegar too if ta want??....2-3 drops soap, fill test of the little cup with vinegar, toss some baking soda anywhere (important to use, as it eliminates the dish soap foaming)....

note...more is not better....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

I just use the Dawn for my dishwasher. She's one of those circa early 60's stand up models.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

sschind

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 01, 2015, 10:58:16 AM
I just use the Dawn for my dishwasher. She's one of those circa early 60's stand up models.

I suggested that once but my wife objected.  Maybe it was because I was thinking about a far newer model.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: sschind on January 04, 2016, 11:28:31 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 01, 2015, 10:58:16 AM

I suggested that once but my wife objected.  Maybe it was because I was thinking about a far newer model.

I wanted to trade mine in for two newer models. Something in the late 1990s
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were