• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:52:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 125
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124

New in Probiotics

Started by Rjb3, November 24, 2015, 08:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

I've just added my Pro 9 probiotic additive to a micro worm culture. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

Also, I'm waiting for a new probiotic powder to arrive. It contains two strains I have not used before. Looks like "Pro 11" is in the works.

Recently, I've uncovered published scientific papers that relate to probiotics in fish food and introduced into the tank water. I'm seriously thinking of making the additive available so people could use it in their food and in their tank water. Two things are holding me up. 1) Why make it available to supplement their own food? They could buy food from me that is properly dosed. and 2) If I send just the supplement to add to their tank water, they could potentially over-dose the tank. The proper dose for a twenty gallon is .8 grams. From what I've read so far, if probiotics are introduced gradually there's no need to worry about over-dose.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 24, 2015, 08:45:17 AM
I've just added my Pro 9 probiotic additive to a micro worm culture. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

Also, I'm waiting for a new probiotic powder to arrive. It contains two strains I have not used before. Looks like "Pro 11" is in the works.

Recently, I've uncovered published scientific papers that relate to probiotics in fish food and introduced into the tank water. I'm seriously thinking of making the additive available so people could use it in their food and in their tank water. Two things are holding me up. 1) Why make it available to supplement their own food? They could buy food from me that is properly dosed. and 2) If I send just the supplement to add to their tank water, they could potentially over-dose the tank. The proper dose for a twenty gallon is .8 grams. From what I've read so far, if probiotics are introduced gradually there's no need to worry about over-dose.

IMHO....I'd just do your food.....the learning curve for allowing folks to dose with it themselves  is too steep... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson