• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 04:57:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 267
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 251
Total: 252

Blacks spawn

Started by Mugwump, February 04, 2013, 07:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on March 10, 2013, 03:22:49 PM
cool i didnt look at the date sorry

No sweat.. ;D...you almost made me look too....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

pashley

i am really interested in these fry, especially the blacks......all flavors  ;D. some of the others also. let me know when or if you are selling them. i want to start up again and need some pretties.

Mugwump

Quote from: pashley on March 10, 2013, 03:40:49 PM
i am really interested in these fry, especially the blacks......all flavors  ;D. some of the others also. let me know when or if you are selling them. i want to start up again and need some pretties.

Will do, there's a variety in there if all make it....DD blushing(velvets) D blushing(Turq's), Sunsets,gold ghosts.....and all are either veil or super veil...I'll be selling some in a month or so, when they're bigger, and when this rotten weather goes away... ;D..same with the Sta Isabel crosses.....I have Koi now, but too blasted cold at nite to chance em...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

pashley

that is awesome. let me know when they are ready.

Mugwump

Looks like moving day for these guys and gals, they need a bigger tank... ;D
Jon

Frank The Plumber

I am curious.

These being hybrids there will be some that might candle fairly clean and clear of junk. And then you have the manacapuru stock. I wonder how clean the manas are? F1 or wild or where they might be? Hmmm. I personally have outcrossed very clean dark fish to Peruvian types but did not have success in cleansing the gene plate. I blamed the D stock. I have had streaked show up in out crossings to Peruvians at a high rate. Using hybrids I have still had streaked show up. Recently I have done some other Peruvian crosses and some of the things showing up are really not supposed to appear. I'm notso confident in the Peruvians any longer in so much as them having to junk or modifiers in them. I have never tried using a Sta Isabella or a Mancapuru from clean stock crossed to a well illuminated D before. This might be an excellent project Jon. They would be gorgeous beasts for sure even if the gene plate still had a few things left in it.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

My original Manacapuru are very clean....They are F1's from Joel. I've been thinking of crossing them to the Blacks myself.....I think the difficulty is selection of the good black fry. I'd want to see stripes under the black and no gold sheen....and of course, no streaking.....
Jon

Frank The Plumber

Maybe. This is why I'm getting into the velvets more. On a single dose velvet I can see a really blank canvas of black a lot easier. I have no bars or dark patterns hiding in the field to confuse my eyes. Very little gold and then you can hut out the very obvious silver. This would be a great cross because even a failure to isolate the DD would give you a fantastic large well shaped fish with red eyes in the end. By crossing in a veil hybrid you would most likely have veiled manacapuru in the first generation, you may have a mana gold cross. I think the first generation would make some very cool fish. Then raise out bunch and try to breed them back to get the high percentage DD's. My gosh a mana x DD veil set line would be hot looking.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on March 18, 2013, 01:19:20 PM
Maybe. This is why I'm getting into the velvets more. On a single dose velvet I can see a really blank canvas of black a lot easier. I have no bars or dark patterns hiding in the field to confuse my eyes. Very little gold and then you can hut out the very obvious silver. This would be a great cross because even a failure to isolate the DD would give you a fantastic large well shaped fish with red eyes in the end. By crossing in a veil hybrid you would most likely have veiled manacapuru in the first generation, you may have a mana gold cross. I think the first generation would make some very cool fish. Then raise out bunch and try to breed them back to get the high percentage DD's. My gosh a mana x DD veil set line would be hot looking.

Daggone it, Frank....now ya got my wheels turning.....Hmmmmm.....
Jon

Frank The Plumber

You think you have it bad I have a full visual image in my head already. I think there would be tongue swallowage. Can you imagine the fins that it would have as a veil cross, yikes.

Mugwump

Moved the fry to 55's today......sweeeeeet fins.....yep!
Jon

Mugwump

A vid of the Blacks spawn...

Jon

PaulineMi

The colors of those guys together make for a pretty tank of angels. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 03, 2013, 07:57:56 PM
The colors of those guys together make for a pretty tank of angels.

I put my nose close to the glass and all that I see are veils....LOL...the bodies need to grow into them more
Jon

shatanka

Some nice long finnage on the blacks I see! They're going to be so pretty!