• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 12:20:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 121
Total: 122

Stupid Guppy Question

Started by LizStreithorst, November 07, 2015, 07:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Will three males do OK together in a 10 gallon?  I've never seen aggression among my guppies but I've never kept only 3 males together.  I'm asking because the lady I want to give them to wants 3 males if it will work.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 07, 2015, 07:42:27 PM
Will three males do OK together in a 10 gallon?  I've never seen aggression among my guppies but I've never kept only 3 males together.  I'm asking because the lady I want to give them to wants 3 males if it will work.

They should do fine, but I'd hope she'd have something else in there too....???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's planted but I don't know how densely.  She may have a few more guppies in there.  She's all into guppies.  I'll pick her out 3 nice males.  She wants the non albino's...the ones most plentiful.  Figures that my tastes are out of out of step with the norm.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 07, 2015, 07:56:42 PM
It's planted but I don't know how densely.  She may have a few more guppies in there.  She's all into guppies.  I'll pick her out 3 nice males.  She wants the non albino's...the ones most plentiful.  Figures that my tastes are out of out of step with the norm.

LOL.....I hope all her's are females.... =;-)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

In this case I hope not.  Someone who can keep just one 10 gallon tank can't have baby fish coming out of her ears.  I just hope she likes them.

On a different note, I'm thinking off dumping all the 3 strains I have and letting nature take it's course.  These guppies have not captured my imagination like I hoped they would.  What I really need is a Jack Dempsey.

Rjb3

I used to keep male Endlers with gold veil Angels in a 36 bow. They looked beautiful together. If ya start them all out young they live together without a problem.

PaulineMi

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 08, 2015, 06:34:20 AM
I used to keep male Endlers with gold veil Angels in a 36 bow. They looked beautiful together. If ya start them all out young they live together without a problem.

After giving my guppies away I kept one pretty male guppy. I put him in a tank with other fish species...forgot what they were. I was really surprised that a guppy could be aggressive.  ???
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 08, 2015, 09:48:08 AM
Quote from: Rjb3 on November 08, 2015, 06:34:20 AM

After giving my guppies away I kept one pretty male guppy. I put him in a tank with other fish species...forgot what they were. I was really surprised that a guppy could be aggressive.  ???

I'm not sure it's aggression...male guppies are horny little things....he's looking for any opportunity he can find....   LOLOLOLOLOLOL....
Jon