• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 02:02:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 170
Total: 170

We're up again

Started by LizStreithorst, October 18, 2015, 01:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  We're up again ;D ;D ;D ;D  I've missed us terribly ::)
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Howdy Gang, Nice to see we're back up.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Any clue as to what the problem was Jon?

I checked the monitoring service and the last time the server was off-line was October 2.....

QuoteYour total downtime was 3 mins, but your site was up again as of Friday, October 2, 2:49 am.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 18, 2015, 03:05:28 PM
Any clue as to what the problem was Jon?

I checked the monitoring service and the last time the server was off-line was October 2.....

QuoteYour total downtime was 3 mins, but your site was up again as of Friday, October 2, 2:49 am.

Dennis

No clue Dennis....1st thing I did was check your sites....and they were down too...so I figured server maybe server maintenance....??...or one of their modules went down..?   I kept getting the mssg that the server couldn't be found. ...even tried a couple back doors.... nada...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I did not know we were down. I've been on here communicating (PM) with someone several times today with no problems. huh
Willie

LizStreithorst

All I know that I was able to get on just before I left yesterday around noon and we were working again just after 1 pm today.  Over 24 hrs!

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on October 18, 2015, 03:10:56 PM
I kept getting the mssg that the server couldn't be found. ...even tried a couple back doors.... nada...

Sounds like some type of IP routing issue.

The host gives me a heads up when they are going to do any patches etc. and typically schedule it for the wee hours so as to not impact the sites.

Who knows.  It often amazes me that there isn't MORE down time than what does occur  LOL.

Dennis

wsantia1

Wow. I've been on here plenty of times since yesterday. Maybe just some of us were down?
Willie

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 18, 2015, 03:12:27 PM
I did not know we were down. I've been on here communicating (PM) with someone several times today with no problems. huh

I don't believe we were down.  There were some folks that couldn't connect due to a routing problem, but the site has been up without a problem.....

Dennis

LizStreithorst

We were down for Jon and we were down for me.  When we came back up I saw that there were several posts so we weren't down for everyone.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 18, 2015, 03:18:53 PM
Wow. I've been on here plenty of times since yesterday. Maybe just some of us were down?

Well, when I used my PC...nada...could not find server  yada yada/.....when I used my phone, the site came up....but...when I went to post...said nada, no server found again...
Jon

ilroost

Never knew there was a problem

PaulineMi

Neither my phone nor my notepad would bring the site up. Glad all's well now.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 18, 2015, 05:04:00 PM
Neither my phone nor my notepad would bring the site up. Glad all's well now.

me too.....I missed you folks... ;D
Jon