• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 02:54:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 267
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 257
Total: 257

Pleco Discs

Started by LizStreithorst, October 04, 2015, 03:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My snots aren't fond of them.  I have some in the freezer.  I thought that I'd never use them.  When I found myself with out spinach or other fresh snot food I tossed some in with with the dots who have snots with them.  OMG, the Dots were all over them.  I did it the next day.  It seems that they couldn't get enough of them!  Today I tossed some to the guppies and young angels and Discus.  The guppies in particular went for them with vengeance.  The quarter size Angels attacked them, too.  The Discus grazed on them.  Only once did I see a snot on one.  Ain't that strange?

From now on I'll toss some into my tanks before I leave for work in the morning.  Unlike most people, I think that fish have something available to eat all day long.  These algae discs fit the bill.  Like all my dry food, these came from My Captain.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I've found with algae disk's that it's hit/miss....and yep...some tanks everything but the BN's eat em.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Rjb3

Ya know, I was going to toss some in your last food package, but I didn't know if you fed them or not. I've got smaller ones than before. They spread out more that way.