• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:41:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 160
Total: 160

Angel are stupid

Started by P4Angels, January 27, 2013, 12:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

Here is an Email from GSAS member I wanted to share and get you input on: >:(

Angelfish are stupid.  When God was handing out brains they chose to stand in the "Good Looks" line instead.

I have lost more angelfish to intakes sucking them up than any other fish.The weird thing is they find creative ways to get caught regardless of any attachment or modification I did to the intake.The only sure fire way I found to ensure their safety is sponge filters driven by an air pump.I too have been disenchanted by angelfish almost to the point of not wasting my time with them anymore.

I have put sponge filters on the intakes to my magnum 350 and marineland 70 power head  For the most part it has safeguarded the angels from their own stupidity but I have lost a couple even with that safeguard in place.

My wife loves them which I periodically keep trying.Unfortunately for my wife and to my frustration they whined up dead in much the same way.
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

P4Angels

Here is what I sent back:

I respect your opinion, but hate to say that I disagree with you.  I have been breeding angelfish for the past 5 years.  I sell to local fish stores all the time.  The biggest problem with angel fish is that they come from overseas breeders, that over feed them to get them to selling size. Over feeding cause a lot of internal problems for the fish (enlarged stomach, swimming bladder enlargement) .  Then they are starved for up to 72 hours and shipped to the US. 1 to 4 day in a box, and then reach the distributors.  They pick out the dead ones and feed them minimally. They hold onto them for a short amount of time and then starved for up to 72 hours and shipped again to local fish stores. Then they hit local fish stores and again removing any that did not survive the trip and feed minimally. I understand that many fish see this same fate every day.  There a few of us that are member that breed these fish,  have you tried to get them for them? Better yet my challenge to you, come get some of my angel fish keep them for 3 months if they die you don?t have to pay for them if they live then you can pay me for them.  No matter what happens you win. 

Respectfully,

Aron Jemison
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Good show, Aron...and check his filtration 'factory' too.... ;D...a 'big mag' and a powerhead...hmmm..lots of turbulence on really big tank, I hope,... ;D.....not...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Stupid worshing machine don't git my clothes clean when I use turds fer soap neither.  ;)
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

b125killer

I have never had a angel sucked to the filter. He might have them in a 10 gallon with the filter and powerhead. But I did that once and they still didn't get sucked up. They didn't like it much but they stayed out of the filter.
I think he needs to stop getting his fish at Walmart.
that's to funny Frank.
Scott

LizStreithorst

Something's rotten in Denmark.  His Angels must be very week to get sucked up in filters.  I have a feeling that the fish keeper is stupid, not the fish.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Frank The Plumber

I think this is one guy who is really lucky that fish can't talk to us.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?