• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 01:09:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158

Dumped my worm culture on the garden

Started by LizStreithorst, September 07, 2015, 12:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I contacted Dan and Jennifer at CBW's.  It was a mechanical problem with the Fed Ex plane.  They offered to reship but I told them to let me check the worms when they arrive.  If  the worms were kept in an air conditioned room and they arrive at my shop early, they might be OK.  This happened once before and they were OK. 

Somebody tell me how long it takes the microworms to start climbing up the sides of their containers.  So far no crawling up :(
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 09, 2015, 06:20:42 PM
I contacted Dan and Jennifer at CBW's.  It was a mechanical problem with the Fed Ex plane.  They offered to reship but I told them to let me check the worms when they arrive.  If  the worms were kept in an air conditioned room and they arrive at my shop early, they might be OK.  This happened once before and they were OK. 

Somebody tell me how long it takes the microworms to start climbing up the sides of their containers.  So far no crawling up :(

Usually later in the day after we refresh the cultures......some pretty quick tho.....are your cultures moist??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

When I start new ones I pour a little water in the old one so lots of worms go in the new one. They start going up the sides only after they cover the whole top of the new culture.

Rjb3

The original cultures should have settled by now.

Mugwump

Do you have lids on your containers??......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 09, 2015, 07:19:49 PM
Yes but I poked air holes in the lids.

...cool, ours stay covered and it helps a lot......
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Rjb3 on September 09, 2015, 06:51:31 PM
The original cultures should have settled by now.

I'll shoot you an email if I don't see worms crawling up the sides by after work tomorrow.

LizStreithorst

Dan insisted that I dump my day late worms so I did.  He'll send more which should be in tomorrow and can stay in my new fridge until I can get them home and work them.

My Captain, I'm sending you an email.  Still no worms crawling up the sides of the containers :(