• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 04:57:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 161
Total: 162

"Snakes" Story

Started by b125killer, September 03, 2015, 08:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Last night I had to work at the pet store, something I usually enjoy. This guy comes in smelling like the bottom of a whiskey barrel. Looks like the barrel ran him over too. Said he was the "snake man", said he came to buy the albino ball python. Problem was they didn't nor have they had an albino. "Snake" told me he has been calling all day, and that he was told there was an albino. I know there's no albinos but I asked the manager just to be sure. The manager said that the guy was calling every hour asking about the snake. He was told repeatedly that we didn't have a albino. After the man looked at all the snakes the finally decides to buy a adult ball. He also said he needed a tank and all the equipment for the snake. he decided that a 20 gallon tank was big enough for the snake. I was trying to tell him that tank was too small. but what do I know. It was like 50 bucks diffrence between the 20 and 40 gallon tank. After I gathered all the stuff this guy is going to need and scanned it. his card was denied for insufficient funds. So he decided he didn't need the heating pad. no big deal. with the right heat lamp you don't really need the pad. everything went through that time and off he went.
  A few minuets later here he comes back! asking if we had a smaller tank and how much that was. We do have ten gallon tanks. They were 20 dollars less. I said there's no way that snake would fit in a ten gallon with all the other stuff it needs. and it's only 20 dollars different! then he was asking about cheaper snakes. He already had the cheapest one. the others were ball morphs that sold for 160 bucks. He left after that. Thank god he's gone. a few seconds later this lady came up to me, she asked why I wouldn't refund any of the stuff he just bought. I was almost speech less. I told her he never asked about bringing anything back. Then she said that she is going to call the cops on him because he doesn't have the money to pay for the cab fair! after that I went and got the manager. Me personally I could care less if she did. "Snake brings everything back into the store and begins to return things so he doesn't go to jail. In the end the only thing he walked out with is the python and a cage that was too small.
   I feel bad for the python. I hope when this moron figures out he can't afford to keep the snake he has enough brain cells to bring it back, but I doubt it. It will probably die a slow cold death! I don't understand why some people are so stupid! If you can't afford to house the animal properly when you buy it, why on earth would you get it? Also why would you spend your last 250 bucks on any kind of new pet? Maybe after he sobers up he'll realize he done made a mistake? And I still feel bad for the real snake!           
Scott

BillT

Mugwump

...there are some real works of nature walking around out there.....sounds like you're at Walmart??....not Petland.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Quote from: Mugwump on September 03, 2015, 08:49:08 PM
...there are some real works of nature walking around out there.....sounds like you're at Walmart??....not Petland.....

If he would of had a 400 pound wife with little clothing on I would of walked out! This guy was the worst person I have had to deal with. I wish that they would of refused to sell him the animal. He obviously didn't have a clue how to care for it. Plus he was drunk!   
Scott

BallAquatics

I have heard that in some European countries you have to pass a test to show you know how to care for the pet you wish to purchase before you can have one.  Perhaps one day things will change here and we will not put MONEY ahead of good sense.....

Dennis

PaulineMi

Money rules... :( >:(   The snake loses.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

in reference to "Snake'' please refer to lines 1 and 3 in my signature below.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

sschind

I must say I was very fortunate not to have to deal with any drunks making that sort of purchase.  A few were a bit tipsy when they bought fish but that was much easier to steer them in the right direction.

I knew one guy who said he owned a pet shop right between two popular bars and he used to open up right before bar closing on Friday and Saturday night (actually I think he just went from the bar to the store and flipped on the open sign) and he made a killing selling all sorts of things to the drunks.

Lots of piranhas and oscars and big predatory fish along with the feeders to go with them.

What little respect I may have had for him prior to that little revelation was gone before he even finished telling the story.

Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB