• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 01:20:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 120
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 167
Total: 167

I've Been Thinking!(NEVER A GOOD THING)

Started by b125killer, August 31, 2015, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

,,,very nice.....thanks for the vid, visuals help a lot.....interesting... |^|

good luck with the test run... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Thanks, I was thinking that maybe people would like to see the acrylic being machined. I have the plate in place, waiting for the silicone to set up before putting on the next part. I can't glue the pvc until the sum is finished.  Still hoping to test it tomorrow. But it's probably going to have to wait until Sunday. I don't want to rush the glue curing.
Scott

wsantia1

Very interesting video Scott. Thanks for sharing. It looks like the project is coming together nicely. Great job. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Thanks Willie, machining is fun sometime. Most of the time it's just boring. But I can't complain it pays the bills. I've been doing it for so long, I sometimes forget that it's interesting to people that don't see it. 
Scott

b125killer

It's almost ready!

back side of tank, you can get a better ideal of the pluming.

Sump water intake. water goes through center pipe and fills outer pipe, then through the filter socks.

The center part of the sump will be the refugium. the other end is the return pump and skimmer. I might of went a little overboard on the pump, it's suppose to pump 1300 gph. but that's alright, I put shut off valve on the intake and return from the sump. all i need now is a light for the refugium. and the live sand/rock to seed my rock that's still curing.
I checked the water parameters in the rock can. the only thing that showed up was ammonia, and it was off the chart. That's a good thing, need ammonia to start the cycling process. I'll do a water change this weekend and check it a few days later see where it's at. I'm sure it will still be high. hoping to start seeing nitrate. it should spike next.   
Scott

Mugwump

..great pics and explanation.....thank you.....looks like a roadie for us soon to see this rig,,,, |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

You guys are always welcome here. I'm probably not going to test it until next weekend. I want the glue to dry tomorrow and I found out I'm going to be busy Sunday. I want to be able to keep a good eye on it. make sure it's not going to leak. or overflow the sump/tank. or anything else I can't think of. After I'm sure it's good, I'll clean the almost live rock and get it in the tank. then let it finish cycling in the tank.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 02, 2015, 08:05:08 PM
You guys are always welcome here. I'm probably not going to test it until next weekend. I want the glue to dry tomorrow and I found out I'm going to be busy Sunday. I want to be able to keep a good eye on it. make sure it's not going to leak. or overflow the sump/tank. or anything else I can't think of. After I'm sure it's good, I'll clean the almost live rock and get it in the tank. then let it finish cycling in the tank.

Sounds like a plan.....you back to 40hrs yet...??
Jon

wsantia1

That sounds like a good plan Scott. Please keep the updates coming. mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Yep, I've been working 45 at the shop and still a little work at the pet store. I can't help it, I like working there. the pay sucks, but the discount is awesome. And starting the saltwater I'm going to be using that. corals aren't cheap.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 02, 2015, 08:19:26 PM
Yep, I've been working 45 at the shop and still a little work at the pet store. I can't help it, I like working there. the pay sucks, but the discount is awesome. And starting the saltwater I'm going to be using that. corals aren't cheap.

Lots of coral folks just over in Iowa....check the QC site with an inquiry for them......they'll steer you to good stuff at reasonable prices....also, Milwaukee has a swap coming up...there's always been a couple vendors up there too.... |^|
Jon

b125killer

I'm still a long way from getting any corals. We have a few good reef people at petland that frag there corals also. I just need to make sure the water is good first.
Scott

big b

Quote from: b125killer on October 02, 2015, 08:19:26 PM
How much is the discount?

b125killer

30 to 40 percent. depends on what it is. most live stock is 30%, I can also get tanks at cost. there's also the things that are given to us. The owner gave me around $300 in saltwater chemicals when he found out I was starting salts. The other kid that works there got a 72 reef ready bow front for free. it needed to be resealed. the discounts does make up a lot for little pay.
Scott

b125killer

Just found out that Chicago Marine Aquarium society is having WCR harvest frag fest 2015 Tomorrow.  To bad I'm not ready for live stock.
Scott