• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 04:32:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 213
Total: 214

Hi Guys.

Started by b125killer, August 30, 2015, 08:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I have been so busy with two jobs, my grandma being sick, and my mom busting her ankle. We have been having a lot of family members from out of town come to see my grandma also. They did a rhinectomy on my grandma. they think they got all the cancer. she has to go through 6 weeks of radiation now. then she will get a prosthetic nose. My mom also had surgery on her ankle they had to put pins and rods in to keep everything together.
  This next thing seems so small compared to everything else that's going on but I lost one of my cory cats the other day. I only mention this because I haven't lost any fish out of my big tank in so long. I truly can't remember the last time. he was close to 4 years old. Not to sure how long they live. but I was a little surprised by his death. Everything else in the tank is doing good so I don't think I have anything to worry about.
The discus are doing great! Liz's discus are almost as big as the adults. They have to be pushing 5 to 6 inches. with the smallest being around 4 inches. They have great color and eat like pigs. I have been feeding them more frozen mysis shrimp then blood worms. The mysis are a little better food.
Scott

Ron Sower

Gee, Scott, your family is having a tough go of it right now. I hope all goes well from here on out...Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on August 30, 2015, 08:48:35 PM
Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I have been so busy with two jobs, my grandma being sick, and my mom busting her ankle. We have been having a lot of family members from out of town come to see my grandma also. They did a rhinectomy on my grandma. they think they got all the cancer. she has to go through 6 weeks of radiation now. then she will get a prosthetic nose. My mom also had surgery on her ankle they had to put pins and rods in to keep everything together.
  This next thing seems so small compared to everything else that's going on but I lost one of my cory cats the other day. I only mention this because I haven't lost any fish out of my big tank in so long. I truly can't remember the last time. he was close to 4 years old. Not to sure how long they live. but I was a little surprised by his death. Everything else in the tank is doing good so I don't think I have anything to worry about.
The discus are doing great! Liz's discus are almost as big as the adults. They have to be pushing 5 to 6 inches. with the smallest being around 4 inches. They have great color and eat like pigs. I have been feeding them more frozen mysis shrimp then blood worms. The mysis are a little better food.

Scott I am sorry to hear of all your recent misfortune. I hope your grandma and mom have speedy recoveries. Hang in there buddy. Thoughts and prayers are with you here.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Good to see you back posting Scott. Here's hoping that all the troubles are now past, and much better times lay ahead.

We're looking forward to seeing you folks at the Sept swap... |^|  (if I don't see ya sooner?) ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

So sorry to hear of your family issues and cory loss. Hope all goes well with your mom and grandma.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Hang in there Scott.  Great to see you on the forum!

Dennis

b125killer

Thanks everyone,  I sure do hope that the worst parts are over. Most of my relatives have gone home now. So I should have more free time. My mom is getting around better now too. They finally put a plaster cast on her. She couldn't walk with the soft cast that had her in. My grandma is doing really good. The doctors said she has a 70% chance of living another 5 years. Giving her age I think that'stings pretty good. I just want to spend time with her while I still can.
Scott

GraphicGr8s

Glad to hear things are shaping back up.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

Good to see you back Scott and good to hear that my Discus are doing well for you.  My thoughts will be with your mother and grandmother, especially your grandmother.  I'm sure she knows that you love her. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

Good thoughts headed your way. I'm glad that things are looking up.

b125killer

Thanks again, It means a lot to me to know you guys are thinking of me. I can't wait until the swap. It will be so nice to see most of you. I'm also close to running out of Caption Bob's fish foods. The discus love frenzy super max. It's like there crack!
Here is a pic for Liz.
Scott

Mugwump

My heavens that's a pretty discus, Scott.......WOW factor off the charts... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Thank's, I still keep up with there water changes. It also helps when you start with such great fish. He has to be pushing 6 inches.  I just need to remember to clean the glass before I take pictures. 
this is the pic I cropped him from. The blue diamond is 7 inches. he's a little farther back in the tank but not much. 
Scott

wsantia1

Really nice Discus Scott. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

How about a current pic of the Turk in your avatar I love so much?
Always move forward. Never look back.