• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 09:51:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 104
Total: 104

Would like to suggest....

Started by Ron Sower, August 20, 2015, 02:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

You got plenty of time.
When I was your age, personal computers had not yet been invented.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BillT on August 25, 2015, 01:51:30 PM
You got plenty of time.

Hell when I was in the computer club in high school we programmed in Fortran to a computer via modem to tape.

Then came video games. You tuned to channel 3 to play pong.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

BillT

QuoteHell when I was in the computer club in high school we programmed in Fortran to a computer via modem to tape.

Did that as an undergrad, except we used punchcards. Guess I'm older.

Ron Sower

Really, Bill. Did you REALLY have to bring that up? And I was just starting to feel young again....!!  :( :(
What about the invention of black and white TV? :-\
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 25, 2015, 04:56:44 PM
Really, Bill. Did you REALLY have to bring that up? And I was just starting to feel young again....!!  :( :(
What about the invention of black and white TV? :-\

My Dad helped design the 'RCA 630 TS television C 1946-1947' which was the first mass produced TV for RCA, in Indianapolis.... ;D Years later, early 50's, we had a Sylvania TV with 'Halo Light'

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

We had B&W TV when I was a kid.
Then we got color, exciting!

When young, my kids refused to watch any B&W films. No Casablanca, No Marx Bros, ...!!!

Mugwump

first good color shows weren't all that good.....until maybe Bonanza, Disney, Rocky Bullwinkle, etc.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....and sports..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

Yell yall just be having a good ol' conversation ain't ya? |^|

Ron Sower

That's what we're all about BB.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 25, 2015, 06:51:48 PM
Yell yall just be having a good ol' conversation ain't ya? |^|

They were times of advances in technology...a fun and interesting era....FM blew our socks off....TV signals were AM...the sound FM, no static at all.... ;D

Jon

big b

I think it is cool that I am apart of a "older" community, it gives me many chances to learn new things about the past.

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 25, 2015, 07:21:39 PM
I think it is cool that I am apart of a "older" community, it gives me many chances to learn new things about the past.

We're not all 'older'.....quite a few younger folks that roll through occasionally.....Dylan, Melanie, etc....and they're not much older than you..I think "Owl' turns 17 next week..??

The folks here never stop learning either..... ;D    that's likely why our knowledge base is pretty diverse....some real intelligent people...
Jon

big b

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BillT on August 25, 2015, 03:42:20 PM
QuoteHell when I was in the computer club in high school we programmed in Fortran to a computer via modem to tape.

Did that as an undergrad, except we used punchcards. Guess I'm older.

Yes you are. Decades older. Many decades older.  :P

If one were to really think about it this last generation really hasn't invented too much. They've improved things but no real inventiveness.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

big b

We haven't invented much because all the good ideas were taken or in Japan.