• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 03:07:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 268
Total: 268

tank structurally ability question

Started by big b, August 09, 2015, 01:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big b

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 09, 2015, 03:12:08 PM
it looks to me like you should be able to unscrew the little part on the output end of the faucet with pliers or if you're gentle, vice grips.  If there are threads, you can hook a python to it.  They come with adaptors.  If your's doesn't come with what you need, take the piece you have removed  from the faucet as well as the connectors that come with your python to a hardware store or a Lowes and tell them what you want to do.

I would add to this:
Get the Python first and take it with you so there is no question as to what adapters you need.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

b125killer

If you don't like the time it takes on smaller tanks wait until you get a 500 gallon tank. I just spent 1.5 hours on my 150 gallon. But I also have discus in there and do large water changes. And I took out a divider in it. If I do the 155 bow and the 150 together it will kill a afternoon quickly.
Scott

GraphicGr8s

Only problem with using a python for emptying your tank you're using potable water to do it. Correction. You are wasting potable water.

When I lived in NY I used a quick change on the bathroom sink and attached a hose to fill.
My last house I had bought this green 1/4" hose that was sold to water indoor plants. I cut the end off that attached to the faucet and use compression fittings to attach it to my undersink filter with a shut off valve.  After I was done I would coil it up and store it under the sink.

I would drain and clean the first tank and start filling as soon as I finished. It was a slow flow so I'd start the next tank and so on. Made sure the last tank to be filled was in the TV room so I'd watch TV while that last tank was filling. I don't recommend doing the last part.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Ron Sower

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 09, 2015, 09:35:41 PMMade sure the last tank to be filled was in the TV room so I'd watch TV while that last tank was filling. I don't recommend doing the last part.

Can you spell 0-v-e-r-f-l-o-w?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

big b

I've over flowed a 5 gallon bucket once because I was watching tv.....

LizStreithorst

Heck, I'm proud of myself when I don't flood the fish room a bit when I do a WC.  It  doesn't matter in the fish room, though.
Always move forward. Never look back.

big b

Yeah it doesn't matter, because if it does flood, it can be an indoor pond :)