• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 08:25:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

Windows 10====>

Started by Mugwump, August 01, 2015, 09:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I have my reservation in for the free upgrade.....and it's ready to go now......I'm almost ready to hit the button....

http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/14-things-you-can-do-in-windows-10-that-you-couldnt-do-1721271379
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 01, 2015, 09:39:42 AM
I have my reservation in for the free upgrade.....and it's ready to go now......I'm almost ready to hit the button....

http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/14-things-you-can-do-in-windows-10-that-you-couldnt-do-1721271379

Let us know how it goes. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 01, 2015, 09:46:10 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 01, 2015, 09:39:42 AM

Let us know how it goes. ;D

.....almost..... ;D   I may add some ram too.....another 4 gig strip at least...if I can find it cheap??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

I'm interested in what you think of it myself. Been thinking about trying it to

LizStreithorst

I want to know, too.  My micorsoft office picture manager quit working.  I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling.  It won't work.  I get these popups telling me that I should install windows 10.  It says. "it has me covered"  I am so computericly ignorant but I am not happy.  I would switch to Linux as Dennis suggested but I have such fear.  What if I get it and am too stupid to make it work and can't get back what I had before, which I wasn't in love with in the first place, without spending an arm and a leg?
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

So....how do you like it?  Does it come with "photo editing for idiots?"

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 03, 2015, 11:18:23 AM
So....how do you like it?  Does it come with "photo editing for idiots?"

LOL.....I haven't pulled the trigger yet.... 8)
Jon

LizStreithorst

Sissy...I shouldn't talk about being a sissy.  I won't do it until someone I trust gives it thumbs up.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 03, 2015, 11:30:50 AM
Sissy...I shouldn't talk about being a sissy.  I won't do it until someone I trust gives it thumbs up.

Right now it's still a download in progress......it's a gradual process...when it's ready, I'll get a notice...
Jon

Ron Sower

Ditto! Waiting to hear from one of you folks on here!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 03, 2015, 12:26:22 PM

I am not comfortable with this upgrade. I am not convinced that microsoft will not require me to sign into a microsoft account everytime I log in. Right now I sign into my local account and that's the way I like it. This is the beginning of MS moving everything into their cloud. My cloud is here on my backup drives.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 03, 2015, 12:36:43 PM

I am not comfortable with this upgrade. I am not convinced that microsoft will not require me to sign into a microsoft account everytime I log in. Right now I sign into my local account and that's the way I like it. This is the beginning of MS moving everything into their cloud. My cloud is here on my backup drives.

here ya go Willie....
http://betanews.com/2015/02/08/how-to-automatically-bypass-windows-10s-login-screen/
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on August 03, 2015, 12:54:31 PM

here ya go Willie....
http://betanews.com/2015/02/08/how-to-automatically-bypass-windows-10s-login-screen/

and..........

http://betanews.com/2015/07/31/the-real-price-of-windows-10-is-your-privacy/
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 03, 2015, 12:57:59 PM

here ya go Willie....

and..........

I think they make it hard for most folks to eliminate feeding them information. The default to everything is yes. You have to manually change it.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 03, 2015, 01:11:32 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 03, 2015, 12:57:59 PM

here ya go Willie....

and..........

I think they make it hard for most folks to eliminate feeding them information. The default to everything is yes. You have to manually change it.

Yes, but taking the 'long' install will provide options for changing what you don't want too. The biggest gripe(s) I'm seeing are that it's also geared for the mobile market.....and some prefer Win 7......any new product has a learning curve, and many folks just don't want to change...plus they fear losing a favorite program somehow....
truth be told.....I'm holding out a little longer to wait for any missed bugs to be corrected....I don't hate Win 8....but a 'start menu' would be nice again..

Jon