• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:25:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 143
Total: 144

RED TUX SAILFIN SWORDTAILS

Started by ghonk, July 14, 2015, 06:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

Thanks Willie,they are more red then the orange shown in the video.
I need to do a lot better job of determining when the are about to drop,so most don't end up being lunch.
The larger fry also attacted and killed the smaller ones after i left them in the net breeder way to long,should have moved them to their own tank sooner.

I want to get some albino blood red ones too,a guy on AB sells some really nice ones,Yue had some  great ones before,but must not  be breeding them now since i don't see them available any more.

ghonk

Finally able to save a bunch of the fry before being eaten by the female,had her in a 10 with so many plastic plants she could barely move.Got 35,can't wait till they mature so i can pick my future breeders,and sell some to you. ;D 

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Congrats and good luck with them Greg. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Got a drop from the other female today,not sure how many yet but it looks like at least 20.
And and,ALBINOS.
I know Mike has some and mixes his breeders by color,but wasn't sure if he kept those separate. 
Can wait for these suckers to mature,in case you didn't know i have an albino fetish.  ;D
Didn't see any from her earlier drops,but most were eaten.Or it could be that this male is the father of this batch,and is het albino.

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

I see 5 albinos,i think   thats all of them but might have missed one.Hope none croak on me.Didn't have any brine hatched so i put on a batch.

They are staying on the bottom just like the albino angels do.
Going to keep this batch separate and cross the albinos to their non albino siblings.

These are Mike's Albino gold tux Sailfins.

http://www.livebearers.org/topic/1017-white-albino-swordtails/

ghonk

Mugwump

Jon

ghonk

I have 12-13 albinos.
A mix of red tux,aka orange blossom.Reds, and a couple white ones that i'm guessing are albino gold tux.

Tank is on the bottom so the video is even worse that normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twUVaK-fzoo

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on January 14, 2016, 10:22:30 AM
I have 12-13 albinos.
A mix of red tux,aka orange blossom.Reds, and a couple white one that i'm guessing are albino gold tux.

Tank is on the bottom so the video is even worse that normal.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=twUVaK-fzoo

Wrong vid addy, I think....
Jon

ghonk

I changed it,i think i got it right now.

Mugwump

Jon