• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 12:14:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 236
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 249
Total: 249

RED TUX SAILFIN SWORDTAILS

Started by ghonk, July 14, 2015, 06:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

Picked up a couple pair a few weeks ago,here's one of the males at about 5=6 months old.
Still has a lot of growing to do,the males from this line get huge dorsals as they mature.

Mugwump

Pretty fish.....who breeds those now......?...local?...Gene?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ghonk

Thanks Jon and Pauline,i got them from Mike Gibbs.They throw Red Tux,Gold Tux,Red and Red Wags.
Mike mixes his breeders for variety,i'm going to separate mine by color type,i assume they will breed true if  bred to the same,have to read some more on swordtail genetics.     

ghonk

One of Mike's adult males.

LizStreithorst

Very pretty fish.  Do they breed true?
Always move forward. Never look back.

ghonk

If you breed hifin to hifin you will get 50% hifin,25% reg fin and 25% that have a DOUBLE DOSE of the gene,a double dose is fatal and the offspring are born dead.

Hifin x reg fin produce 50% hifin and 50% Reg fin.

ghonk

LizStreithorst

Sounds very much like the snake skin gene in Discus.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ghonk

Sailfins are hifins that have dorsal ray branching,like in a wifi angel.

wiggs

Those are very pretty, Jon and I used to have Brick red swords when we first had fish.
Jan

ilroost

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Very nice.....I remember our red brick sword tails from years ago....haven't really seen any in a while...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson