• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 11:11:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 160
Total: 160

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

Pretty fun, but the end makes him sound like a compromiser.

Mugwump

Borowitz Report
Republicans to Pull Money from Trump Ads and Spend it on Alcohol
By Andy Borowitz , 10:46 A.M.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)?Calling it ?the best use of our resources at this time,? the Republican National Committee has decided to pull money originally earmarked for Trump campaign ads and spend it on alcohol instead.

According to the R.N.C. chairman, Reince Priebus, the decision to reallocate the funds from television advertising to alcoholic beverages came after a careful review of the polling in crucial battleground states.

?With about seventy days to go until the election, we had to consider what was the optimal way for us to get through those seventy days,? he said. ?We are confident that we have found that way.?

?The decision was unanimous,? he added.

In the crucial state of Pennsylvania, twenty thousand litres of vodka, gin, tequila, and an assortment of fine whiskeys are already being distributed to Republican Party offices.

?It?s questionable whether the ads we were thinking of buying for Trump would work,? Harland Dorrinson, the Pennsylvania G.O.P. chairman, said. ?We received the first shipment of alcohol this afternoon, and I can tell you that it?s already working.?

According to the most recent filing with the Federal Election Commission, after the outlays for wine and spirits, the R.N.C. will still have a million dollars in cash on hand, which will go to beer.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I would turn Republican for beer, but they won't be sending any to Mississippi.  My state will joyfully vote overwhelmingly for Trump even if they're not drunk.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BillT

I believe that giving beer away to voters on election day (or maybe just before) used to be a common way for politicians to try to influence voters.
Sadly, times have changed.

BillT

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BillT

Trump has already shown he is poor at:
personnel decisions,
being aware of facts,
now we can see how good he is at preparation:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/30/us/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-debate.html?emc=edit_th_20160830&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=38810697

wsantia1

Quote from: BillT on August 30, 2016, 04:34:58 PM
Trump has already shown he is poor at:
personnel decisions,
being aware of facts,
now we can see how good he is at preparation:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/30/us/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-debate.html?emc=edit_th_20160830&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=38810697

If he goes through with the debate. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Bedwetter?s Mother Sees Image of Donald Trump in Son?s Sheets

http://nationalreport.net/bedwetters-mother-sees-image-donald-trump-sons-sheets/

CINCINNATI, Ohio ? Like many youngsters, 6-year-old Rogelio Fuentes recently awoke to a pair of soggy pajamas and a set of wet bed sheets ? a normal part of childhood development, many doctors say. But thanks to a sharp-eyed mother on laundry day, Rogelio?s nocturnal incontinence has brought him the 15 minutes of fame promised to everyone by the late ?pop? artist, Andy Warhol.

The stain little Rogelio left in his wake bore an uncanny resemblance to the GOP?s presumptive nominee, Donald J. Trump, according to the child?s mother, Daisy.

This event is not number one, but number two in a series of Fuentes family excretory events calling attention to Trump. Nearly one year ago, Daisy claimed to see an image of Trump?s face in her own stool ? a story widely slammed as a tastelessly cruel, left-wing prank, perpetrated by Trump?s enemies, and some say, by the Clinton campaign.

Little Rogelio says he was embarrassed when his story first leaked, but now is proud that the tale has spread. These days, the first grader says he wants to be president someday, ?just like Donald Trump!?

?My sister Blanca, she cries all day,? said Rogelio, ?because she didn?t ?make a Trump? yet, so my mother told her to pray. I hope she makes one soon, because she feels very sad.?

?Everyone says we do these things to get revenge on Donald Trump because we?re Mexican immigrants, but it?s a stinking lie,? says Daisy.

The Fuentes family entered the country legally, and want ?the bad ones? to stay out, just as Donald Trump does.

?All good citizens should do their duty and make America great again! says Daisy.?

?Last year, my husband got all stressed out because too many people put candles next to my Trump dump. Finally, he got disgusted and flushed him down the toilet, and then he told everybody to get the hell out. He?s a Democrat, and he just doesn?t understand. It was sad, because the Ripley?s Believe it or Not people were coming the next day.?

Daisy, ?a part time seamstress? plans to stitch a flag from Rogelio?s sheet, and fly it from her front yard ?for all the world to admire,? right next to her ?Trump 2016? lawn sign.

?This is causing a little strain between me and my husband, but we made a deal. He?s coming with me to the Republican convention, and I?ll go with him to the Democrat convention over in Philly.?

?I guess we?ll both be holding our noses a little,? she added.
Jon