• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:36:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Trump's Book Store

So, I was walking through Chicago and I saw that there was a "Muslim Book Store.?

I was wondering what exactly was a Muslim bookstore, so I went in.

As I was wandering around taking a look, the clerk stopped me and asked if he could help me.

I imagine I didn't look like his normal clientele, so I asked, "Do you have a copy of Donald Trump's new book on his U.S. Immigration Policy regarding Muslims and Illegal Mexicans??

The clerk said, "F**k off, get out and stay out!?

I said, "Yes, that's the one. Do you have it in paperback?"
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on February 12, 2016, 07:09:15 PM
Trump's Book Store

So, I was walking through Chicago and I saw that there was a "Muslim Book Store.?

I was wondering what exactly was a Muslim bookstore, so I went in.

As I was wandering around taking a look, the clerk stopped me and asked if he could help me.

I imagine I didn't look like his normal clientele, so I asked, "Do you have a copy of Donald Trump's new book on his U.S. Immigration Policy regarding Muslims and Illegal Mexicans??

|^| |^|  He is such an easy target.  Why people like him so much is over my head.

The clerk said, "F**k off, get out and stay out!?

I said, "Yes, that's the one. Do you have it in paperback?"
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've been learning more about him.  All I knew before that he was a big deal conservative justice who's beautifully written descents were often quoted on NPR.  Turns out that he was a guy who I would disagree with but respect.

The Republicans have all but vowed to refuse to accept anyone who Obama nominates, regardless of who it is ::)  I am sick to death our country being so polarized.  I have but one friend who I can get into a shouting spitting argument about politics with and not make an enemy of.  What our country needs is more respect for the integrity of a man who can disagree and still be respected.  We have a senator, Thad Cochran, down here.  I disagree with him but I still respect him.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Rubio Abruptly Departs G.O.P. Debate After Low-Battery Warning
By Andy Borowitz

GREENVILLE, South Carolina (The Borowitz Report)?Senator Marco Rubio of Florida was forced to leave Saturday night?s crucial Republican Presidential debate after suffering what aides called a ?low-battery warning.?

Rubio?s abrupt departure occurred immediately following his opening statement, which started in a spirited manner but concluded with the senator uttering the word ?Obama? no fewer than a dozen times in succession.

With the other candidates and debate moderators looking on, Rubio?s eyes appeared to roll back in his head, which fell forward and came to rest on his podium.

As the unconscious Rubio stood motionless onstage, moderators momentarily panicked.

?We didn?t know what was going on,? the moderator, John Dickerson, said. ?This is the sort of thing we?ve come to expect from Ben Carson, but not Rubio.?

Aides immediately rushed onstage and removed Rubio, who is expected to return to the campaign trail on Sunday.

?This is on us,? a Rubio aide said. ?Fully charged, Marco is capable of going for up to ten hours.?
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

BallAquatics

Let's put it off and let Hillary pick one!  I'm sure she's got a long list of folks who know the laws and how to work around them.....  LOL

https://youtu.be/ueDWLP2nOtU

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on February 15, 2016, 10:28:39 AM
...LOL.......sarcasm much.... wfwf

She is probably hoping she gets to pick.....  she is liable to need a good judge before it's all over!    :D :D :D

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 15, 2016, 11:01:29 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 15, 2016, 10:28:39 AM
...LOL.......sarcasm much.... wfwf

She is probably hoping she gets to pick.....  she is liable to need a good judge before it's all over!    :D :D :D

Dennis

Naw...if they had anything real on her...they'd have already used the opportunity......these are sleazy 'Repub's' remember... ;D..oh goodness, where's Lindsey?....
Jon

JR

If I remember right in 07 Schumer said about the same thing McConnell just said. Bush had about 8 months left in his term. The Republicans cried as much as the Democrats are now.

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on February 15, 2016, 06:24:44 PM
If I remember right in 07 Schumer said about the same thing McConnell just said. Bush had about 8 months left in his term. The Republicans cried as much as the Democrats are now.

Yup...sometime around 2000 too, when Ike was in his last year...
Jon

BallAquatics

Mugwump

?Funding H.R. 676: The Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Act ? How we can afford a national single-payer health plan in 2014,? by Gerald Friedman, Ph.D., Department of Economics, University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on February 16, 2016, 06:15:00 AM
?Funding H.R. 676: The Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Act ? How we can afford a national single-payer health plan in 2014,? by Gerald Friedman, Ph.D., Department of Economics, University of Massachusetts, Amherst.

I always assumed we would afford it the same way the rest of the FREE world affords theirs.  Our health care sucks in every way compared to other countries.....

I think the real question should be, How can we NOT afford it?

Dennis