• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:54:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 159
Total: 161

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Quote from: ghonk on February 02, 2016, 12:19:25 AM
....if the GOP is against it,it must make sense and be a great idea.

Unfortunately that seems to be the motto these days.  I can remember a day when I was proud to say I was a Republican, buts these haters that have taken over the party have ruined that sentiment.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Cruz Victory Gives Hope To Despised People Everywhere
By Andy Borowitz

Dozens of pariahs said that the Cruz triumph meant that ?the sky?s the limit? for widely hated people like them.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 02, 2016, 04:25:03 AM
Quote from: ghonk on February 02, 2016, 12:19:25 AM
....if the GOP is against it,it must make sense and be a great idea.

Unfortunately that seems to be the motto these days.  I can remember a day when I was proud to say I was a Republican, buts these haters that have taken over the party have ruined that sentiment.....

Dennis

Pretty much feel the same Dennis. I hate telling people I am a Republican. Usually I answer I am a Conservative. Look at all the damn RINOs. Like Ryan.  More like Boehner lite.

Time for term limits for congress. And a term in prison for Hillary.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

ghonk

A term in prison for Hillary,whatever you do don't let facts get in the way,just put her in prison to satisfy your blind hatred.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: ghonk on February 02, 2016, 10:32:50 AM
...just put her in prison to satisfy your blind hatred.

So that means you are Okay with her taking money from foreign governments while she was Secretary of State for the USA?

It's not been that long ago that behavior like that would have been deemed treason, and she would be swinging at the federal prison in Leavenworth Kansas.

They are not going to do anything, she one of the 'in' crowd.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 02, 2016, 07:07:54 PM
Quote from: ghonk on February 02, 2016, 10:32:50 AM
...just put her in prison to satisfy your blind hatred.

So that means you are Okay with her taking money from foreign governments while she was Secretary of State for the USA?

It's not been that long ago that behavior like that would have been deemed treason, and she would be swinging at the federal prison in Leavenworth Kansas.

They are not going to do anything, she one of the 'in' crowd.

Dennis

Still questionable tho...

"Origin:With respect to this piece's myriad assertions about the Clinton Foundation, we are in the process of researching those claims. We do know, however, that it was not authored by syndicated columnist and political commentator Charles Krauthammer, to whom it has since become widely attributed:

Incorrect Attribution (speculation)

In January 2016, the above excerpt escalated in e-mail popularity. The assertion, attributed to media personality Charles Krauthammer, was that the Clinton Foundation was an elaborate money laundering scheme aimed at collecting untraceable funds.

While the screed was circulated widely, it didn't appear to have been written by Charles Krauthammer. We were unable to locate any credible iterations of it bylined or credited to him; additionally, early iterations from October 2015 merely mentioned Krauthammer at the start of the missive (but not as an author of the piece):

On 23 December 2015, iterations began appearing with a novel attribution: Charles Krauthammer. However, the earliest versions dated back to May 2015, and none at that time gave any credit to Krauthammer.

At the same time, a near-identical version of the text appeared as a comment on a 12 May 2015 blog post, without attribution. A 25 May 2015 iteration (also in the comments of an unrelated blog post) credited a "Dave Hollenbeck" as a possible author, and a 24 May 2015 version similarly credited Hollenbeck. On that date, a version appeared on Facebook; Krauthammer's name was neither appended nor even mentioned:

It has been surmised, but never proven....but...who knows.... huh
Jon

ghonk

You're right Dennis,drag the bitch from the podium and hang her. 

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on February 02, 2016, 07:16:16 PM
It has been surmised, but never proven....but...who knows.... huh

I listened to a show on NPR months ago with one of Hillary's top aids stating the money was all legal and above board.  She said basically the same for Hillary's own personal 'mail server' that was much more secure than the one provided by the federal government.

The only thing the aid failed to mention Hillary's ocean front property.....

https://youtu.be/nNlMzNUDM8s

Dennis

BallAquatics

Quote from: ghonk on February 02, 2016, 07:34:51 PM

At some point we have to start holding these people accountable for their actions.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 02, 2016, 07:40:45 PM
Quote from: ghonk on February 02, 2016, 07:34:51 PM

At some point we have to start holding these people accountable for their actions.

Dennis

The court of public skepticism shouldn't be the venue tho.....face it the Clinton's have plenty of money/credit.....Bill's books and speaking engagements alone will cover the property with that 'chump' change....... LOL

Put the witch hunt to rest......if it happens, it happens......it's just hype and the truth may never be separated from it..... huh
Jon

BallAquatics

So you are saying we just give them a pass?

Dennis

JR

I try not to talk politics on any forums it never ends well for me. I just want to ask you one thing Jon. If it was Democrats going after a Republican For the same thing they are going after Clinton for. Would you say the same thing? Put the witch hunt to rest. Just asking.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

BillT

I try not to talk politics on any forums it never ends well for me. I just want to ask you one thing Jon. If it was Democrats going after a Republican For the same thing they are going after Clinton for. Would you say the same thing? Put the witch hunt to rest. Just asking.

Kinda makes sense to me.

I think there were similar ideas about the Bush crew, but they are no longer active in politics, so no one really cares much about them now.

Going after retired politicians for past deeds just not something done very often in American politics. I think it goes along with a long time view that American politics should not be like the other civs that preceded us and killed their old leaders when a new one took over. Too vindictive.
The dominant view through American history has been to let old politicians go away and die. This was done a lot after the Civil War.

However, since Hillary is alive and politic'ing, she is drawing attention which does not seem unjustified since she is seeking a political office.
Legally, innocent till proven guilty. Politically, she has potential problems that may become bigger with time or may not. This is part of the choices Democrats face in choosing between her and Sanders. This is just something she will have to live with.

On the other hand, the Republicans currently seem to really like attacking Democrats in this way. Perhaps it because of their inability to get their ideas accepted sufficiently in elections. It seems to me, that this is just another case of them going way overboard in their complaints and reliance on questionable assumptions.

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on February 02, 2016, 08:37:20 PM
Quote from: BallAquatics on February 02, 2016, 08:31:44 PM
So you are saying we just give them a pass?

Dennis

It was Dennis's words about a 'pass'....I never said that.....I merely stated that nothing has ever been proven....and actually the mud slinging on the Repub side is mostly the same way.....just mud throwing....and lots of it..oh, and it'll get worse here soon too..

All this rhetoric thrown around is just to cast doubt about a candidates character....some of the mud will likely stick too...but I tired of not hearing anything about what some of these candidates will do if elected...attack politics leaves me cold....

We've had some fun in this thread posting junk about candidates....but if you were going to the polls to vote, and had to read our banter...you'd think it was a TV sitcom comedy....All of the candidates have been thrown under the bus here....usually by one of those extreme mud slinging, implicating, political cartoons...or a satirist making us laugh....and we've fallen for it..to the point of getting personal about it.... isn't it a statement of the country's mood about politics that we've allowed ourselves to get sucked in....?

I want to vote for the best possible person to lead our country..screw the parties..attack ads and all too....unfortunately this time around our choices are pretty slim....they each bring credibility doubts with them about having the tools to lead..... 

Jon