• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:43:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on January 28, 2016, 07:40:12 PM
All sides are very selective about which poll that they choose to flaunt....and there are many to choose from too...Iowa poll, Mass. Poll, polls for different age groups, yada yada..........who do we believe....?

The FiveThirtyEight.com site (part of ESPN, also does sports odds) tracks all decent polls and weights them based on how good their methods are (lots of obscure statistics reasons) and by their past history of how accurately they predict particular elections.
Here is their summary of the IOWA primaries:
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/primary-forecast/iowa-republican/

Switch to see others by selecting with the drop down menu at the top.

Interesting for sure..........thanks
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Pres. Obama issued the ninth veto of his presidency last Tuesday, rejecting a Republican resolution that would have overturned federal regulations on clean water. This vote took place in the middle of the Flint water crisis. Unbelievable!

Read more here: http://on.msnbc.com/1Sm3V5P
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

lol.  My favorite Trump related thing was when he spoke to Liberty University and quoted from 2 Corinthians.  Jerry Falwell still indorsed him ???
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 01, 2016, 02:23:42 PM
Jerry Falwell still indorsed him ???

He must be like Lazarus.....  Jerry passed away May 15, 2007.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 01, 2016, 06:27:52 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 01, 2016, 02:23:42 PM
Jerry Falwell still indorsed him ???

He must be like Lazarus.....  Jerry passed away May 15, 2007.

Dennis

LOL......
Jon

LizStreithorst

Forgive my mistake. It was Jerry Falwell JR.  Trump spoke at a conservative Christian college and said, "Two Corinthians", and the prez of the university still endorsed him?  I can't wrap my mind around that.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/02/01/liberty-university-president-jerry-falwell-jr-insists-his-endorsement-of-donald-trump-is-a-personal-one/
Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on January 30, 2016, 06:29:28 AM

Pres. Obama issued the ninth veto of his presidency last Tuesday, rejecting a Republican resolution that would have overturned federal regulations on clean water. This vote took place in the middle of the Flint water crisis. Unbelievable!

Read more here: http://on.msnbc.com/1Sm3V5P

MSNBC. Lest it be taken out of context why not post what the GOP is afraid this administration would do Jon?

I'll do it for you.

QuoteThe GOP says the administration is seeking to assert federal control over puddles, ditches, areas that are occasionally wet and other large sections of private or state land in violation of the intent of the Clean Water Act.

They say the rule would be disastrous to farmers, developers, landowners and other businesses that would need a federal permit for routine tasks such as digging ditches.

?The federal government shouldn?t be regulating every drop of water,? said House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-Pa.), whose panel has authority over water policy.

?Just about every wet area in the country is open to federal regulation under this rule,? he added. ?The rights of landowners and local governments will be trampled.?

Given that you can be arrested for collecting rain water in some states I would err on the side of caution. I can guarantee you Jon Republicans don't want dirty air, water etc. You just can't trust what Hussein and his ilk will do.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

ghonk

I don't know anything about the clean water act,other then if the GOP is against it,it must make sense and be a great idea.