• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 03:05:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

Wasn't much of that the Killian documents that were forged? AKA Rathergate?
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 09, 2015, 03:47:23 PM
Wasn't much of that the Killian documents that were forged? AKA Rathergate?

I wouldn't know, but the remark about them 'sugar coating' was likely close......He got out, got the honorable, and the rest is lore......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

BillT

Like I said, fake served. It wasn't serious and it was the way it was because of his connections.

But he didn't stop there he was a fake president too.

Didn't really get elected.

Had no interest in what was really going on. Much as current right wingers these days have no interest in any factual information if it doesn't agree with their preconceptions.

Cheney made the important decisions.

One of the Absolute Worst.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BillT on December 09, 2015, 05:44:02 PM
Like I said, fake served. It wasn't serious and it was the way it was because of his connections.

Had no interest in what was really going on. Much as current right wingers these days have no interest in any factual information if it doesn't agree with their preconceptions.

Bill, just because you don't like W he did serve in the service and was honorably discharged. The Killian letters were found to be forgeries.
They recounted the ballots multiple times.They looked at hanging chads. They looked at ballots that mosquitoes dimple on Gore's side. They looked at the voter's
"intent" on ballots with an impression on Gore's side. And even with all the recounts with liberal voters too stupid to fully punch out a chad W still had more votes. Not many but still more. So if they kept recounting and recounting and out of all those recounts Gore had more one time should that have been the official count?
Seems to me Bill you just don't like fact that doesn't agree with your opinion. And W was a better POTUS than that which currently occupies the People's House.
While you are most certainly entitled to your own opinion you are not entitled to your own facts.

Now this started because Jon doubted that any of the candidates had family that served. Jeb does. That is a fact. W was honorably discharge. That too is a fact.

And getting back to the original meme. So what? None of the democrat candidates have served either. And Sanders is a draft dodger too boot.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 10, 2015, 08:46:05 AM
Quote from: BillT on December 09, 2015, 05:44:02 PM

Bill, just because you don't like W he did serve in the service and was honorably discharged. The Killian letters were found to be forgeries.
They recounted the ballots multiple times.They looked at hanging chads. They looked at ballots that mosquitoes dimple on Gore's side. They looked at the voter's
"intent" on ballots with an impression on Gore's side. And even with all the recounts with liberal voters too stupid to fully punch out a chad W still had more votes. Not many but still more. So if they kept recounting and recounting and out of all those recounts Gore had more one time should that have been the official count?
Seems to me Bill you just don't like fact that doesn't agree with your opinion. And W was a better POTUS than that which currently occupies the People's House.
While you are most certainly entitled to your own opinion you are not entitled to your own facts.

Now this started because Jon doubted that any of the candidates had family that served. Jeb does. That is a fact. W was honorably discharge. That too is a fact.

And getting back to the original meme. So what? None of the democrat candidates have served either. And Sanders is a draft dodger too boot.

So you best gripe is "oh, you're a bigger one?"....the meme isn't a comparison...it's just a factual statement. Jeb's Dad served....but as for 'W'...spare me...'W'....got a pass with his 'honorable'......and you dang well know it too...quite being so stubborn about it.

As to him being a great President....LOLOLOLOL....you mean Cheney's puppet actually did anything on his own....LOLOLOLOL....maybe it's your living so close to 'Disneyland' that affects your rational thinking....you know 'Tinker Bell' pixie dust syndrome....Bush left a middle east mess that is still messed up....and it's not Obama's fault either.....so don't even bother to go there....

Jon

GraphicGr8s

Of course this is the original statement of yours that I was responding to until Bill led us off on a tangential road.

QuoteBut they reap the benefits of this great country. I wonder if they have sons or daughters that have served.
I gave you one of the candidates that did have family that served although it is not a son or a daughter.

Jon, there is no proof he got a pass. The letters were deemed a forgery.

I never said W was a great president. I said he was a better president than the current occupant.

QuoteAnd W was a better POTUS than that which currently occupies the People's House.

Now you want to get into the ME? Hussein said repeatedly we shouldn't be in Iraq. Afghanistan was where we needed to be.

QuoteSenator Obama says America must shift its defense resources from Iraq to Afghanistan, which he sees as ground zero for any war on terrorism. He says he would remove one or two brigades a month from Iraq, and get all combat troops out within 16 months. ?The only troops I will keep in Iraq will perform the limited missions of protecting our diplomats and carrying out targeted strikes on Al Qaeda,? he said last year. He also promised a diplomatic initiative with regional allies, and even foes ? read Iran ? to seek a more stable Iraq.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/president/issues/iraq.html

Well we did get out of Iraq and into Afghanistan. And we see how well that's worked out. Now instead of Afghanistan a mess and Iraqis voting in their own elections and holding up the purple thumb the entire ME is worse because of Obama's ineptitude.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 10, 2015, 10:42:37 AM
Of course this is the original statement of yours that I was responding to until Bill led us off on a tangential road.

QuoteBut they reap the benefits of this great country. I wonder if they have sons or daughters that have served.
I gave you one of the candidates that did have family that served although it is not a son or a daughter.

Jon, there is no proof he got a pass. The letters were deemed a forgery.

I never said W was a great president. I said he was a better president than the current occupant.

QuoteAnd W was a better POTUS than that which currently occupies the People's House.

Now you want to get into the ME? Hussein said repeatedly we shouldn't be in Iraq. Afghanistan was where we needed to be.

QuoteSenator Obama says America must shift its defense resources from Iraq to Afghanistan, which he sees as ground zero for any war on terrorism. He says he would remove one or two brigades a month from Iraq, and get all combat troops out within 16 months. ?The only troops I will keep in Iraq will perform the limited missions of protecting our diplomats and carrying out targeted strikes on Al Qaeda,? he said last year. He also promised a diplomatic initiative with regional allies, and even foes ? read Iran ? to seek a more stable Iraq.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/president/issues/iraq.html

Well we did get out of Iraq and into Afghanistan. And we see how well that's worked out. Now instead of Afghanistan a mess and Iraqis voting in their own elections and holding up the purple thumb the entire ME is worse because of Obama's ineptitude.

President Obama may have boosted the troop levels in Afghanistan.....however, he didn't put us there....that was 'W'.(but you knew that right?).....President Obama has reduced the troop levels actually leading to a soon complete withdrawal.....putting the blame on him is a lame argument....'W'(read Cheney) was the lame brain that got us into those hell holes...

"Main article: 2001 in Afghanistan

October 7: (9 p.m. local time): the United States, supported by Britain, begins its attack on Afghanistan, launching bombs and cruise missiles against Taliban military and communications facilities and suspected terrorist training camps. Kabul, Kandahar, and Herat were hit.
    October 9: A cruise missile kills four U.N. demining employees and injured four others in a building several miles east of Kabul.
    October 26: Abdul Haq killed.
    November 6 - Zari, Keshendeh and Aq-Kupruk fall to the Northern Alliance[1]
    November 8 - Pakistan, being the only nation that still had diplomatic ties to the Taliban, asked Afghanistan's rulers to close their consulate in the city of Karachi.
    November 9: Battle of Mazari Sharif.
    November 10 - The Taliban and Northern Alliance fighters both claimed that the strategic northern Afghan city of Mazari Sharif was taken by Northern Alliance fighters.
    November 11: Journalists Pierre Billaud, Johanne Sutton, and Volker Handloik are ambushed and killed.
    November 12 - Taliban forces abandon Kabul ahead of advancing Northern Alliance troops.
        2001 uprising in Herat.
    November 14 - Northern Alliance fighters took over Kabul, the Afghan capital, and then controlled virtually all the north of Afghanistan.
    November 16: Mohammed Atef, the military chief of al-Qaeda, killed in a US airstrike.
    November 19: Four foreign journalists - Harry Burton, Maria Grazia Cutuli, Azizullah Haidari, and Julio Fuentes ? were ambushed and killed.
    November 25 ? Northern Alliance gained control of Kunduz, the last Taliban stronghold in Northern Afghanistan, but only after Pakistani aircraft rescue several thousand Taliban and Al-Qaeda fighters and their military advisers.[2][3] The Taliban then controlled less than 25% of the country, mainly around Kandahar in the south.
        U.S. Marines landed in force by helicopter at Camp Rhino south of Kandahar and began preparing it for fixed wing aircraft. They also occupied the main road between Kandahar and Pakistan.
        Battle of Qala-i-Jangi. Forces loyal to bin Laden smuggled weapons into their prison near Mazar i Sharif after surrendering at Kunduz. They attacked the Northern Alliance guards and storm an armory. U.S. Special Forces call in air attacks. Hundreds of prisoners are killed as well as 40 Alliance fighters and one U.S. CIA operative, Johnny Michael Spann. Spann becomes the first U.S. and Coalition combat casualty. A young American named John Walker Lindh is found in the midst of the rebellion and extradited to the US on terrorism charges.
    December 6: Kandahar falls.
    December: The Battle of Tora Bora against Taliban and al-Qaeda fighters; Osama bin Laden reportedly escapes during this battle.
    December: The Dasht-i-Leili massacre, where hundreds of Taliban were allegedly suffocated to death while being transported in metal containers.
    December: The Bonn Agreement establishes the postwar system of government for Afghanistan, and establishes the International Security Assistance Force.
    December 21: The interim Afghan government is sworn in.

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

..interesting...

"Connecticut is taking steps to block people who are banned from flying on commercial airliners from obtaining firearms permits, the state's Democratic governor, Dannel Malloy said on Thursday.
"If you cannot fly due to being on a watch list, you shouldn't be able to purchase a firearm," Malloy said. "Since Congress so far as failed to act, we well."
Jon

BallAquatics

What a refreshing change.....  someone doing something fort the betterment of the country.

Dennis

BillT

Mugwump

LOL......that's wild......LOL.... w!w
Jon

Mugwump

?Don?t mess with Shorty?: Mexican cartel boss threatens ISIS over drug trade

The runaway leader of Mexico?s deadliest drug cartel, Joaqu?n ?El Chapo? Guzm?n, has reportedly sent a threatening letter to Islamic State following the destruction of one of his cartel?s shipments.
Trends
Islamic State

El Chapo (aka ?Shorty?) delivered the threat to Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) leader Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi via an encrypted email which was later leaked by cartelblog.com.

The Mexican drug baron, who runs the notorious Sinaloa cartel, made it clear IS had ?made a mistake? by destroying the cartel?s drug shipment.
Read more
Screenshot from RT video RT team relives infamous El Chapo drug lord?s tunnel escape from prison (VIDEO)

"You [IS] are not soldiers,? El Chapo wrote, according to the unnamed blogger cited by cartelblog.com. ?My men will destroy you?? he promised Al Baghdadi.

?Your god cannot save you from the true terror that my men will levy at you if you continue to impact my operation,? it said.

El Chapo became Mexico's top drug lord in 2003. He was believed in 2011 to have surpassed infamous ?cocaine king? Pablo Escobar, with the US Drug Enforcement Administration calling El Chapo the biggest drug tycoon ever.

El Chapo is wanted by Mexico, Interpol and the US, which has offered a $5 million reward for information leading to his capture.

Guzman was first arrested in 1993 and spent a decade in a maximum-security prison in Mexico before escaping. He spent 13 years on the run before his recapture in 2014.

Jon