• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 11:37:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 103
Total: 104

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on December 08, 2015, 08:19:03 AM

Might want to note that the last two democrat POTUS have never even been trained militarily in any way shape or form. One was a draft dodger. The other is a "community organizer" and failed at that.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Yet.....but neither made that boast either, huh?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 08, 2015, 01:13:06 PM
.....  Part of the ACA problem is they still haven't gotten tort reform done....

What a bunch of baloney.  We already have everything we need to prevent frivolous lawsuits.  Big corporations and insurance companies want "tort" reform just so they can screw us over and know what the limits are before hand.  You should really broaden your horizons and get the big picture instead of the cable news rhetoric

https://youtu.be/pSmjmciAZNA

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Thanks for a good story, Dennis.  The young interviewer is very good.  Here's a link to the movie for free:  http://www.hulu.com/watch/752136
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Nice post,  Dennis. Now to watch the movie!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good luck.  It had tons of ads and tons of buffering.  They wanted me to buy their stupid service to make it better.  I refuse. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Ha, Liz...you're right. I already opted out!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

I don't know where you can watch it for free, but if you have Netflix, here's the link.....

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/70167106?strkid=1091848097_0_0&trkid=222336&movieid=70167106

Dennis

BillT

QuoteBill I believe our climate is changing. It has since the last ice age. I don't believe however it is man made.

So why are you dissing the information in support of climate change????

QuoteJust look at what Etna is letting loose.

Volcanoes can produce a lot of pollution when they erupt. Sometimes, if volcanoes emit a lot of sulphuric gasses they can lead to acid rain. The Skaft? volcano in Iceland erupted in 1793, releasing lots of toxic gasses that killed a lot of people, as well as poisoning the land so that nothing could grow. About 50% of livestock on Iceland died, and 25% of the population died in the resulting famine. The effects were felt all over Western Europe.

The ash and dust the volcanoes can emit can also have severe environmental effects. The dust clouds from large volcanoes can partially block out the sun, reducing temperatures and stopping crop growth. For example, when Tambora erupted in 1815, we had what is called the year without summer, because of all the volcanic dust blocking the sun?s rays. Crops failed all over the world, leading to famines.

Also, volcanoes can emit lots of CO2.

As I discussed previously, there are normal volcanoes like those you listed that produce large amounts of gases etc., but they are completely dwarfed by mega or super eruptions.

Eruption size is usually in cubic miles or kilometers of material spewed out:
Mt. St. Helenes:                0.24 cu. miles
Tambora:                         36 cu. miles
Yosemite (lg'est):             600 cu. miles
Siberian traps:                 239,913 to 479,826 cu. miles
Indian traps:                    512,000 cu. miles

The big eruptions have been shown to had geologically significant effects on the environment. The smaller eruptions, much less so. Probably like comparing a dangerous gas leak in your house to a fart.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BillT on December 08, 2015, 08:50:13 PM
QuoteBill I believe our climate is changing. It has since the last ice age. I don't believe however it is man made.

So why are you dissing the information in support of climate change????

QuoteJust look at what Etna is letting loose.

Volcanoes can produce a lot of pollution when they erupt. Sometimes, if volcanoes emit a lot of sulphuric gasses they can lead to acid rain. The Skaft? volcano in Iceland erupted in 1793, releasing lots of toxic gasses that killed a lot of people, as well as poisoning the land so that nothing could grow. About 50% of livestock on Iceland died, and 25% of the population died in the resulting famine. The effects were felt all over Western Europe.

The ash and dust the volcanoes can emit can also have severe environmental effects. The dust clouds from large volcanoes can partially block out the sun, reducing temperatures and stopping crop growth. For example, when Tambora erupted in 1815, we had what is called the year without summer, because of all the volcanic dust blocking the sun?s rays. Crops failed all over the world, leading to famines.

Also, volcanoes can emit lots of CO2.

As I discussed previously, there are normal volcanoes like those you listed that produce large amounts of gases etc., but they are completely dwarfed by mega or super eruptions.

Eruption size is usually in cubic miles or kilometers of material spewed out:
Mt. St. Helenes:                0.24 cu. miles
Tambora:                         36 cu. miles
Yosemite (lg'est):             600 cu. miles
Siberian traps:                 239,913 to 479,826 cu. miles
Indian traps:                    512,000 cu. miles

The big eruptions have been shown to had geologically significant effects on the environment. The smaller eruptions, much less so. Probably like comparing a dangerous gas leak in your house to a fart.

Bill, where the problem comes in is where it is coming from. Man made GCC is simply a money machine and global wealth redistribution.

Is our planet warming? More than likely.
Is it now going through a leveling off? They say so.
Will it cool again? More than likely. Some scientists say it is already occurring.
Is it because of man? No.
Will a ton of money be redistributed "fixing" GCC? Hell yes!
Will China really abide by any clean legislation? Yeah if you believe they will I have this bridge I am selling. Even has a toll both on both ends. You'll make your investment back in no time at all.
If you believe that these GW "scientists", Al Gore and libs like him aren't making mega bucks from "carbon offsets" and other such nonsense well, let's really discuss that bridge you need to buy from me.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 08, 2015, 03:35:10 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 08, 2015, 01:13:06 PM
.....  Part of the ACA problem is they still haven't gotten tort reform done....

What a bunch of baloney.  We already have everything we need to prevent frivolous lawsuits.  Big corporations and insurance companies want "tort" reform just so they can screw us over and know what the limits are before hand.  You should really broaden your horizons and get the big picture instead of the cable news rhetoric

Dennis

Frivolous lawsuits are pretty common. And juries have awarded millions. Just look at the BS lawsuit where the lady sued Mikkie D's when she burned herself putting hot coffee between her legs and spilled it.

You may want to stop watching MSNBS and broaden your own horizons. For the record I really don't watch much cable news. Most of my TV is cartoons my 6 year old puts on.

http://www.commongood.org/blog/entry/infographic-lawsuits-in-america

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/06/10/05/how-many-lawsuits-are-there-in-the-us--amp-what-are-they-for-an-amazing-overview.htm

BillT

QuoteBill, where the problem comes in is where it is coming from. Man made GCC is simply a money machine and global wealth redistribution.

True. Exxon (among others) is producing global warming to increase their money!

QuoteIs our planet warming? More than likely.
True.

QuoteIs it now going through a leveling off? They say so.
False. Only in the Fox News/Forbes bubble universe! It will pop sometime.

QuoteWill it cool again? More than likely. Some scientists say it is already occurring.
Those being paid off by corporate employers!

QuoteIs it because of man? No.
Wrong again and in opposition to the vast majority of scientiists!

QuoteWill a ton of money be redistributed "fixing" GCC? Hell yes!
Hopefully to clean energy producers, but distribution happens anytime money is exchanged so not much an argument as presented.

QuoteWill China really abide by any clean legislation? Yeah if you believe they will I have this bridge I am selling. Even has a toll both on both ends. You'll make your investment back in no time at all.
Probably wrong. Actually I think they might be doing more about it than we are WRT developing solar power and other things.

If you believe that these GW "scientists", Al Gore and libs like him aren't making mega bucks from "carbon offsets" and other such nonsense well, let's really discuss that bridge you need to buy from me.
You should include some references when you go around slandering people. You sound somewhat like Trump now.

Also:
Quotethat moron Einstein
What is the point of this?
Sounds like straight out trolling.

Poor old Einstein, originated quantum physics and invented relativity, but can't get no right wing respect.
My. My. My.

BallAquatics

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 08, 2015, 09:58:15 PM
Frivolous lawsuits are pretty common. And juries have awarded millions. Just look at the BS lawsuit where the lady sued Mikkie D's when she burned herself putting hot coffee between her legs and spilled it.

Guessing you didn't bother to fact check.....  again   huh

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 09, 2015, 05:59:22 AM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 08, 2015, 09:58:15 PM

Guessing you didn't bother to fact check.....  again   huh

Dennis

Good article on this....
http://priceonomics.com/how-a-lawsuit-over-hot-coffee-helped-erode-the-7th/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Nice find Jon.  One of the best things about the Internet, you can still find the truth if you are so inclined.

Dennis