• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 10:01:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 177
Total: 179

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on December 07, 2015, 10:39:19 AM
Its an arrogant conceit to say
Quotewe have the best healthcare in the world bar none

Not even close.

If you are worried about cost, cut out the middle man and go to a single payer system like so other countries which have lower costs. This would remove the costs of the insurance companies.

People who argue against this must to be closing their eyes to math or are just too mentally subservient to their ideology to consider basic business facts.

I'm not sure that it's ignorance at all.....each generation has mostly followed what was passed down...until the ACA really set things in motion, many things just were never questioned...but rather just accepted....like lemmings.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Well I will tell you how this works for me. I went on line to to get insurance. Came up with 257 a month 5000 deductible. You would think that 8084 not so bad. But it will not pay  for three of my meds that would cost me 1100. There is no generic forms of these meds. So now I am up to 21284. So now Im up to 26208 a year. Ppl say have your doc put you on something else there is nothing that works as well as these. If you have no money or very little how could you pay that 8 grand. My brother has worked all his life for that little 2100 a month an SSD wants more than half for a spin down. So tell me again how it helps. You can print all you want. But if it dont work that way in real life it dont me diddly squat.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on December 07, 2015, 01:06:34 PM
Well I will tell you how this works for me. I went on line to to get insurance. Came up with 257 a month 5000 deductible. You would think that 8084 not so bad. But it will not pay  for three of my meds that would cost me 1100. There is no generic forms of these meds. So now I am up to 21284. So now Im up to 26208 a year. Ppl say have your doc put you on something else there is nothing that works as well as these. If you have no money or very little how could you pay that 8 grand. My brother has worked all his life for that little 2100 a month an SSD wants more than half for a spin down. So tell me again how it helps. You can print all you want. But if it dont work that way in real life it dont me diddly squat.

Yep, you're getting the short end of the stick alright.....WOW....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Not even close.

Ahh, you beat me to it Bill  LOL.  Our poor friend is once again very misinformed, or perhaps as I mentioned earlier, delusional.

Dennis

BallAquatics

My pre health care act options were $2000.00 a month in premiums with $6000.00 deductible.  We were never refused insurance, I just couldn't cover the $30,000.00 outlay before the insurance kicked in.....  so at 58 I'm broke, a lifetime of savings gone and house mortgaged to the hilt to cover medical expenses.  But hey, I'm living the dream of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness......  pursuit being the key word!

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 07, 2015, 01:46:37 PM
My pre health care act options were $2000.00 a month in premiums with $6000.00 deductible.  We were never refused insurance, I just couldn't cover the $30,000.00 outlay before the insurance kicked in.....  so at 58 I'm broke, a lifetime of savings gone and house mortgaged to the hilt to cover medical expenses.  But hey, I'm living the dream of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness......  pursuit being the key word!

Dennis

ouch....
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on December 07, 2015, 11:46:42 AM

Not even close.

If you are worried about cost, cut out the middle man and go to a single payer system like so other countries which have lower costs. This would remove the costs of the insurance companies.

People who argue against this must to be closing their eyes to math or are just too mentally subservient to their ideology to consider basic business facts.

I'm not sure that it's ignorance at all.....each generation has mostly followed what was passed down...until the ACA really set things in motion, many things just were never questioned...but rather just accepted....like lemmings.....

I really wish we had a clear cut example of how the government takes care of healthcare.
Hmmm. Wonder if we do.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/02/politics/va-inspector-general-report/

QuoteHundreds of thousands of veterans listed in the Department of Veterans Affairs enrollment system died before their applications for care were processed, according to a report issued Wednesday.

May want to note that that is from your own beloved source. CNN
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

BallAquatics

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 07, 2015, 02:56:09 PM

I must have missed something.....  who here loves CNN?   huh  Maybe Jon Stewart  LOLOLOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 07, 2015, 03:18:29 PM

I must have missed something.....  who here loves CNN?   huh  Maybe Jon Stewart  LOLOLOL

Dennis

LOL.....not me either........and yep, VA has been in trouble for years.....and it sucks..
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on December 07, 2015, 03:52:28 PM

Dennis

LOL.....not me either........and yep, VA has been in trouble for years.....and it sucks..

And yet you think they can run something that is infinitely larger?
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 08, 2015, 08:42:44 AM

Dennis

It's never been given a chance to succeed,  or get the needed tweaks that all new things must have along the way.....Repub's have continuously blocked everything...and have only wasted tax payers money by repeated votes to repeal it....if that effort had gone into making it better, the ACA could be what we all need....medical insurance protection against the souring rates of the profit greedy insurance companies....I guess if you have money it is no big deal.....but the 99% of us that aren't rich need it....
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on December 08, 2015, 09:25:12 AM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 08, 2015, 08:42:44 AM

Dennis

It's never been given a chance to succeed,  or get the needed tweaks that all new things must have along the way.....Repub's have continuously blocked everything...and have only wasted tax payers money by repeated votes to repeal it....if that effort had gone into making it better, the ACA could be what we all need....medical insurance protection against the souring rates of the profit greedy insurance companies....I guess if you have money it is no big deal.....but the 99% of us that aren't rich need it....

Jon, they've had how many years with handling the VA and that is abysmal at best. I would agree with you if there were no track record. Alas we have two.

BTW before ObamaScare I did have good coverage. Wasn't expensive either. Part of the ACA problem is they still haven't gotten tort reform done. And you can't only blame the republicans. Hussein had to postpone many parts of ObamaScare many times.

Also if it is so great why are many unions exempt? And why aren't our reps on it?

QuoteWhen the U.S. Supreme Court upheld Obamacare Thursday, unions praised the decision, but it wasn?t always that way. The biggest, most powerful unions in the U.S. opposed the law until they were granted special exemptions.

Might want to note Hussein has "tweaked" ObamaScare 56 times as of Sept 2015.