• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:32:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 16, 2015, 06:47:07 PM
Well they did give guns to mexico and they did kill a border patrol agent with said gun.

Look how many places it is illegal to own guns. Look at Chicago, DC, NY.  The SCOTUS ruled the DC law unconstitutional yet they still don't issue permits.
http://thehill.com/regulation/other/213447-court-overturns-dc-handgun-law
BTW all the gun laws are in violation of the 2nd.

While they claim separation of church and state they are making kids in school in one state write there is no other god but allah.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/parents-furious-after-7th-graders-forced-to-write-allah-is-the/

And since most won't believe that link here is the liberal snopes on it

http://m.snopes.com/islam-tennessee-school/

That nut case school teacher is the problem of the local board of education ya know....??  they hired her....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/9-investigates-dad-protests-islamic-lessons-school/nj7Ny/

This stuff is coming down from the Dept of misEducation not just local. Just like Common Core. While legally the federal Department of Education cannot mandate programs like Common Core to the states they do coerce them. If states didn't adopt CC they lost $35 million in funding. Bill Gates also had a hand in it with grants.

QuoteSEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. ?

A history book used in school districts across the state is sparking controversy in Seminole County.

A parent called 9 Investigates after finding out his son was learning too much about the Islamic religion in a public classroom.

Ron Wagner read from part of his son's world history book, "There is no god, but God. Muhamad is the messenger of God."

Wagner is not reading the Five Pillars of Islam from the Quran, but rather his son's 10th-grade world history book from Lyman High School.

"Students were instructed to recite this prayer as the first Pillar of Islam, off of the board at the teacher's instruction," Wagner claims.

Wagner, who is not religious, said he had no idea the public school was teaching so extensively about religion until he spotted a text on his son's phone from a teacher reminding him to complete a prayer rug assignment and study an Islam packet.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 16, 2015, 07:19:22 PM
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/9-investigates-dad-protests-islamic-lessons-school/nj7Ny/

This stuff is coming down from the Dept of misEducation not just local. Just like Common Core. While legally the federal Department of Education cannot mandate programs like Common Core to the states they do coerce them. If states didn't adopt CC they lost $35 million in funding. Bill Gates also had a hand in it with grants.

QuoteSEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. ?

A history book used in school districts across the state is sparking controversy in Seminole County.

A parent called 9 Investigates after finding out his son was learning too much about the Islamic religion in a public classroom.

Ron Wagner read from part of his son's world history book, "There is no god, but God. Muhamad is the messenger of God."

Wagner is not reading the Five Pillars of Islam from the Quran, but rather his son's 10th-grade world history book from Lyman High School.

"Students were instructed to recite this prayer as the first Pillar of Islam, off of the board at the teacher's instruction," Wagner claims.

Wagner, who is not religious, said he had no idea the public school was teaching so extensively about religion until he spotted a text on his son's phone from a teacher reminding him to complete a prayer rug assignment and study an Islam packet.

but but but.....I like Bill Gates..........even if Fox Entertainment doesn't.....golly gee....
Jon

BillT

You should be also worried about the many cases where local school boards are imposing their idea of Christian beliefs on their students.

ghonk

Quote from: BillT on September 16, 2015, 08:35:44 PM
You should be also worried about the many cases where local school boards are imposing their idea of Christian beliefs on their students.

Exactly,you must be a mind reader because i was just thinking that.
But i'm guessing that would be ok,since it teaches good wholesome religion.You know,none of that gutter stuff.   

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: ghonk on September 16, 2015, 09:08:16 PM

But i'm guessing that would be ok,since it teaches good wholesome religion.You know,none of that gutter stuff.
A true Christian isn't looking to kill everybody. I meet people I don't want to behead them because they're Jehovah's Witnesses. Or Islamic. Or atheist.

If Christianity cannot be taught in school then neither should Islam or for that matter the theory of evolution.

And the Bible is my favorite book. And my favorite verse is the shortest. Two words. "Jesus wept"
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

ghonk

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 16, 2015, 09:33:08 PM

A true Christian isn't looking to kill everybody. I meet people I don't want to behead them because they're Jehovah's Witnesses. Or Islamic. Or atheist.

If Christianity cannot be taught in school then neither should Islam or for that matter the theory of evolution.

So are you saying a true muslim is looking to kill everybody,that's what it sounds like.
Christianity should absolutely not be taught in public schools,or any other religion.

Evolution shouldn't be taught if christianity can't be,same old ridiculous BS.If you are worried about your children becoming unbrainwashed send them to a private school of your choice. 
Or home school them, and  take the chance they don't become freak outcasts who and up killing their parents to escape indoctrination.

BillT

QuoteIf Christianity cannot be taught in school then neither should Islam or for that matter the theory of evolution.

You are in denial of your own essential self (that you are an evolved entity).
You also seem to want your kids to be poorly educated (family tradition?).
If your a Catholic (I am assuming you are Catholic since you are always going on about being Italian, so apologies if you aren't), then you are disagreeing wit what your church says.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: ghonk on September 16, 2015, 10:11:53 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 16, 2015, 09:33:08 PM

So are you saying a true muslim is looking to kill everybody,that's what it sounds like.
Christianity should absolutely not be taught in public schools,or any other religion.

Evolution shouldn't be taught if christianity can't be,same old ridiculous BS.If you are worried about your children becoming unbrainwashed send them to a private school of your choice. 
Or home school them, and  take the chance they don't become freak outcasts who and up killing their parents to escape indoctrination.

My neighbor's girls are both home schooled. They tested well above their public school peers. And neither wants to kill their parents. Both are now in college and still are above par in grades.

http://www.businessinsider.com/structured-homeschool-canada-2011-9

http://www.brighthubeducation.com/homeschool-methodologies/126403-why-homeschooled-kids-are-smarter/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/30/home-schooling-outstanding-results-national-tests/

QuoteFive areas of academic pursuit were measured. In reading, the average home-schooler scored at the 89th percentile; language, 84th percentile; math, 84th percentile; science, 86th percentile; and social studies, 84th percentile. In the core studies (reading, language and math), the average home-schooler scored at the 88th percentile.

The average public school student taking these standardized tests scored at the 50th percentile in each subject area.

Beyond academics, there were significant results regarding achievement gaps. It is common knowledge that gender, as well as parents? income and education levels will greatly affect a public school student?s academic results. Public schools have invested greatly to try to close these achievement gaps. The study, however, shows the achievement gaps found in public school were greatly diminished for the home educated.

Your other remark is pretty much totally inane about the home schooled.

I am not Catholic so I can't answer about the Crusades. But then again the Catholic church does many things that are not doctrinally Christian nor biblical. But weren't the crusades against muslim aggression toward Christians?

As for teaching the theory of evolution teach it. But teach creation also.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BillT on September 16, 2015, 10:55:25 PM
QuoteIf Christianity cannot be taught in school then neither should Islam or for that matter the theory of evolution.

You are in denial of your own essential self (that you are an evolved entity).
You also seem to want your kids to be poorly educated (family tradition?).
If your a Catholic (I am assuming you are Catholic since you are always going on about being Italian, so apologies if you aren't), then you are disagreeing wit what your church says.

While I was born into a Catholic family I am not Catholic. I've been a "card carrying" athiest. An agnostic. To a Christian. A born again believer saved by Grace.

I am in no way poorly educated Bill. I did go to college and kept a 4.0 the entire time I was there. Yes. I do have my degree. And it's in a totally different field than what I have done for a living my entire life.

Do you believe you came from monkeys.

Mugwump

And this:

Texas Police Won't Charge Muslim Boy With Clock Possession

As you've probably heard (Dallas Morning News, Washington Post, Popehat, everybody else who gets up earlier than I do, which is apparently everybody), police in Irving, Texas, have announced that they will not bring charges against 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed.

This is mostly because he did nothing even remotely illegal.

not a criminal That didn't stop them from taking him away in handcuffs, though, after they decided the digital clock he built was "suspicious in nature" and that they didn't like his answers to their questions.

Just to be clear, as a New York court has just recently reaffirmed recently, you can say whatever you goddamn well please to the authorities (short of making actual credible threats, at least). Saying "the wrong thing" to a government official is not illegal. This is what the First Amendment is for.

Nor is being "suspicious" justification for an arrest, or even for stopping you on the street, unless the officer has a reasonable suspicion that crime is afoot and can actually articulate why he or she believes that. So why did they arrest him, exactly?

Well, he built this and brought it to school:

0916ahmedclock

It is a digital clock. (Ahmed likes to build things.) His English teacher thought it "look[ed] like a bomb. I'm confident that she, like virtually every other civilian, has never seen a real bomb, and this doesn't look anything like the bundle of dynamite with attached analog clock that she probably has seen in cartoons. Nor are there any explosives in this "bomb," but it does have that big digital display that we've all seen in movie bombs. The principal confirmed that this is what they had in mind. "It looks like a movie bomb to me," he reportedly told Ahmed.

But neither they nor the police ever believed it was in fact a bomb, as they all admitted later. Nor did they believe he was trying to get them to believe that. "We have no information that he claimed it was a bomb," said a police spokesman, and they never had any. "He kept maintaining it was a clock"?because it was?"but there was no broader explanation," the spokesman said. He couldn't explain what sort of "broader explanation" they were looking for, but I guess they wanted him to explain to their satisfaction that he wasn't going to use it like in the movies. The police chief seemed to confirm that this morning when he said the English teacher "was concerned that it was possibly the infrastructure for a bomb."

She almost certainly didn't use that word, for one of two reasons: either (1) it's got too many syllables for her brain to process or (2) she knows that's not what "infrastructure" even means. But the more important thing is that his statement confirms she never thought it was in fact a bomb, and the chief also admitted there was never any evidence that he "intended to create alarm" with what they insisted on calling a "hoax bomb."

He, of course, still defended what they had done, as did Irving's mayor (who has previously expressed great concern about "Sharia law" taking over in Texas, which is also stupid). This is because so many scary things have happened that "we have to err on the side of caution," he said, in this case by arresting a 14-year-old for no reason. And it was completely irrelevant, he insisted, that this particular 14-year-old was a dark-skinned Muslim named "Ahmed Mohamed." Their reaction "would have been the same" under any circumstances, he claimed.

Which is either not true or an admission that they would violate any 14-year-old's rights by arresting him or her without reasonable suspicion of a crime. Take your pick.

Source:
http://www.loweringthebar.net/2015/09/texas-police-wont-charge-for-clock.html
Jon

GraphicGr8s

GraphicGr8s