• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:53:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 139
Total: 140

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 24, 2015, 11:24:28 AM

Dennis

"we're".....LOL....reminds me of the 'morans' sign.....LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Yet another political campaign:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/150812234323-carter-for-cancer-survivor-cartoon-large-169.jpg

(Could not get the picture to post w/o using photobucket)??

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

GraphicGr8s

Only problem Jon is that the presidency has had as many democrats as republicans since 1961.
The only real variance is that both houses have been controlled by the democrats for the longest period of time.
From 1955 until 1981 democrats controlled both houses.
1981 they still held the house but lost the senate for 3 terms.
They got both back in 87 but lost both in 96 (and democrats think we had a good economy so I guess you can thank your favorite democrat Newt)
We did pretty well until 9-11. But alas we had never experienced such a happening on US soil.
Still the economy did come back. And so did the democrats taking over both houses in 07.
And in 2008 they had full control of both houses.

So for the most of the time it's we've been controlled by democrats but it's all the republican's fault.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

BillT

That's a big swath of time.
You are ranting about things but it is not clear what specifically you are complaining about (with respect to the state of the country).

If you were to say that some particular aspect of the economy is bothering me or some aspect of foreign policy, etc. when making these arguments, you might increase understanding of others in what you are arguing about.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on August 28, 2015, 04:22:12 PM
You are ranting about things but it is not clear what specifically you are complaining about (with respect to the state of the country).

If you were to say that some particular aspect of the economy is bothering me or some aspect of foreign policy, etc. when making these arguments, you might increase understanding of others in what you are arguing about.

Yes, you're right.....but in the few short years the Republicans had a chance at it...they screwed things up....'supply side economics' for one...but sadly it was enough to do it..

I think it was more a statement rather than an argument...??....and a valid observation too....however, I think he incorrectly interpreted that the blame belonged with the 'Dem's'......
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on August 28, 2015, 05:31:57 PM

Yes, you're right.....but in the few short years the Republicans had a chance at it...they screwed things up....'supply side economics' for one...but sadly it was enough to do it..

I think it was more a statement rather than an argument...??....and a valid observation too....however, I think he incorrectly interpreted that the blame belonged with the 'Dem's'......

Bingo. Had to do with your head up the elephant's ass nothing more.

As I was typing it Jon I knew beyond any shadow of a doubt what you would say.  I was right. As usual.

Couldn't be the party that was in power the longest. That would be impossible.  (that is sarcasm)

So if we have a republican president and a democrat house and things are running swimmingly it is because of the democrat. If we have a democrat president and republican house and things are running swimmingly it is because of the democrat. If we have a democrat president and a veto proof house in favor of the democrats and the poo poo hits the fan it is because of the republicans.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 28, 2015, 06:46:52 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 28, 2015, 05:31:57 PM

Bingo. Had to do with your head up the elephant's ass nothing more.

As I was typing it Jon I knew beyond any shadow of a doubt what you would say.  I was right. As usual.

Couldn't be the party that was in power the longest. That would be impossible.  (that is sarcasm)

So if we have a republican president and a democrat house and things are running swimmingly it is because of the democrat. If we have a democrat president and republican house and things are running swimmingly it is because of the democrat. If we have a democrat president and a veto proof house in favor of the democrats and the poo poo hits the fan it is because of the republicans.

...and I figured that too would be your retort....however, the Republicans, now controlling the House, now have an all time low approval rating......and it's because they are obstructionists.....they have not only blocked everything to come before them ( and have even wasted time by calling for the 75 millionth time a vote to repeal the ACA, again and again)....but have not presented a legit plan for rebuilding infrastructure here at home, along with many other things that they've promised to do......yes, Dem's are involved too....but the Repub's ran on tickets for improving things...and we get squat...LOL...even today, cry baby Boehner called a Cruz a jackass....LOL.....now that's leadership, huh?.....
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Trust me none of us are happy with the "republicans" like Jackass Boehner, McCain, McConnell, etc. They are no better than Reid or Pelosi.
We want them to stop the Obama Express before it's too late. Yet all they do is punch their tickets. Disgusting.

BillT

So Republicans and jackasses, but the are not a problem because of Democrats????????

I am confused about the point here.

Some of us aren't are happy with some politicians.

Mugwump

The irony of it all is that the whole Congress are useless jackasses, but we just keep electing them over and over, year after year...but expect different results each time....shame on us...
Jon

BillT

I'm pretty happy with my representative (DeFazio) and senators (Wyden and Merkley).

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on August 28, 2015, 07:45:04 PM
The irony of it all is that the whole Congress are useless jackasses, but we just keep electing them over and over, year after year...but expect different results each time....shame on us...

About sums it up and we pretty much agree. I will take exception with the last part though.

I don't think it's us as voters it's more that good people don't want to get torn apart and shredded don't run.  And the few good ones that do get elected manage to get caught up in the money and it becomes a drug.
There are a still a few decent ones in office though. On both sides of the aisle.

What ever you think of Trump at least he's not a politician. And he's got his own money so it would be tough to buy him. And he is not afraid to speak his mind.

GraphicGr8s