• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:58:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

I could be one of those that get their info from Comedy Central Jon. No. I am not in lock step with any one. I look at information and come to my own conclusions.  I also did the research as to why we are in the situation we are vis-a-vis the economy and where it started. I have seen very few who have done any research and just go on soundbites from lame stream media.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 22, 2015, 03:10:19 PM
I could be one of those that get their info from Comedy Central Jon. No. I am not in lock step with any one. I look at information and come to my own conclusions.  I also did the research as to why we are in the situation we are vis-a-vis the economy and where it started. I have seen very few who have done any research and just go on soundbites from lame stream media.

Summary

Highlights from our latest update of the statistical record of President Obama?s time in office:

Under Obama, the economy has added 7.2 million jobs, and the unemployment rate is now lower than the historical median.
    The number of job openings is up to its highest point in 14 years, and the number of long-term jobless has now dropped below where it was when Obama took office.
    Real weekly earnings are up 3 percent. But the number of persons receiving food stamps remains stubbornly high.
    The administration says 16 million have gained health insurance as a result of the Affordable Care Act. But the National Center for Health Statistics estimates that 37 million others still lacked coverage last year.
    The US increased its domestic crude oil production last year by more than it has in over 100 years. The U.S. now relies less on imported oil than it has since the Nixon administration.
    The clock has run out on Obama?s promise to double U.S. exports in 5 years. They went up only 39 percent.

...more...

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/04/obamas-numbers-april-2015-update/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

QuoteI could be one of those that get their info from Comedy Central Jon. No. I am not in lock step with any one. I look at information and come to my own conclusions.

You would be a lot better informed if you had watch Comedy Central. Their viewers actually aware of facts instead of blathered out knowingly incorrect opinions, in service to large corporate entities, who are stealing our democracy and peoples money by convincing naive idiots (who are too stupid to know they are working against their own interests) to do their bidding.

More tax cuts for millionaires (Go Donald)!!
More subsidies for some of the biggest most powerful businesses in the country (oil companies) (Go Koch Bros.)!!!

I can not remember one comment you have made having to do with politics that displays any indocationof research independent of Fox Psuedo-news and their lame ass corporate mouthpiece friends.

Please share with us something showing a seaking for information from a objective source!

BallAquatics

Trump's biggest problem is that both the Republicans & the Democrats are fearful that he is gaining traction.  The sad part is, he is gain traction simply because of their past incompetence.

I don't agree with much of what he says, but I could say the same for any of the other candidates.  Rather than blowing smoke, what you see is what you get with Donald, and I'm sure lots of folks find that a refreshing change.....

It's all a mute point anyway.  The Republican party will never give Donald the nomination.  He's not a party following lackey.  Ask John McCain how easy it is to get the nomination when you rock the boat and talk about reform.

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Jon, factcheck, like politifact are left of center. Politifact is in fact owned by The St. Pete Times aka Pravda West here.

Since you like liberal "facts" here's one by the CEO of Gallup and he is a die hard liberal

http://www.gallup.com/businessjournal/180431/american-entrepreneurship-dead-alive.aspx
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BillT on August 22, 2015, 03:50:57 PM
QuoteI could be one of those that get their info from Comedy Central Jon. No. I am not in lock step with any one. I look at information and come to my own conclusions.

You would be a lot better informed if you had watch Comedy Central. Their viewers actually aware of facts instead of blathered out knowingly incorrect opinions, in service to large corporate entities, who are stealing our democracy and peoples money by convincing naive idiots (who are too stupid to know they are working against their own interests) to do their bidding.

More subsidies for some of the biggest most powerful businesses in the country (oil companies) (Go Koch Bros.)!!!

I can not remember one comment you have made having to do with politics that displays any indocationof research independent of Fox Psuedo-news and their lame ass corporate mouthpiece friends.

Please share with us something showing a seaking for information from a objective source!

The problem is if it's not from the main stream media liberals don't believe it. I could tell you you spelled seeking incorrectly but if a liberal says it's right you will believe it. I can't fight that.
My last post refuting Jon's chart about business start ups is by a liberal. Do you believe him?

Mugwump

facts or semantics??....what he said versus what he said......sorry that's not working as an argument....getting back to the selective finger pointing, how about a chart on Congress too......a favorable review doesn't exist, does it?....but then that's Obama's fault too...right?....geez Louise.....no 'strawman' arguments, ok?.... w!w
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: BillT on August 22, 2015, 03:50:57 PM

How do we give oil companies subsidies? (Do you know what a subsidy is? (Editorial "you" is meant here))

How much of our total tax revenue is paid for by the rich? Do you know?

The IRS took in record amounts in taxes 2014. Where did the money go?

Do you know how much money the Koch Bros have given?

QuoteThe Koch family foundations are a related group of non-profit organizations that began with the establishment of the Fred and Mary Koch Foundation in 1953, and now includes the Charles Koch Foundation, the David H. Koch Charitable Foundation and the Koch Cultural Trust. The organizations collectively have a stated goal of "advancing liberty and freedom" through the support of various causes which "further social progress and sustainable prosperity."[11] In addition to the direct action of the non-profits, the groups have also contributed financially to other philanthropic organizations in the fields of research, public well-being, arts, and education, including contributions to scholarship programs, university support, and loan assistance through organizations like the United Negro College Fund.[12]

BallAquatics

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on August 22, 2015, 08:45:02 PM
facts or semantics??....what he said versus what he said......sorry that's not working as an argument....getting back to the selective finger pointing, how about a chart on Congress too......a favorable review doesn't exist, does it?....but then that's Obama's fault too...right?....geez Louise.....no 'strawman' arguments, ok?.... w!w

Jon with few exceptions the "Republicans" in congress are an abysmal failure to Conservative values. I hate that here I have to register as a "Republican" The ones calling themselves republicans are a damn disgrace and are no better than the liberals anymore.

Any way you want to look at it whether dumbass liberal or turd republican they are pretty much bought. We the people don't stand a chance anymore.

If I haven't stated my beliefs before let me state them now, as a Fiscal Conservative in no particular order.
1. We take care of our veterans
2. We keep the strongest army in the world.
3. We take care of our elderly.
4. We take care of those truly disabled.
5. Eliminate welfare
6. Shrink the government drastically.
7. Make it conducive for business to survive, and thrive here.
8. Be excellent stewards of taxpayer moneys.
9. We respect our allies and make our enemies fear us again.
10. Secure our borders.
11. Adhere to the US Constitution.

There are more but these are the basics.

GraphicGr8s

GraphicGr8s

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2015/07/02/low-labour-force-participation-is-because-long-term-unemployment-has-risen/

If only we can shrink the labor force another 50 million we can get the UE rate down to 3%

As for jobs created they do not separate full time from part time. So getting rid of a full time position of 40 hours and hiring 4 people at 10 hours yields a net increase of three jobs. What I want to start seeing is paid man hours not positions filled.

BillT

QuoteIf I haven't stated my beliefs before let me state them now, as a Fiscal Conservative in no particular order.
1. We take care of our veterans
2. We keep the strongest army in the world.
3. We take care of our elderly.
4. We take care of those truly disabled.
5. Eliminate welfare
6. Shrink the government drastically.
7. Make it conducive for business to survive, and thrive here.
8. Be excellent stewards of taxpayer moneys.
9. We respect our allies and make our enemies fear us again.
10. Secure our borders.
11. Adhere to the US Constitution.

These have nothing to do with fiscal policy:

Since you
Quotelook at information and come to my own conclusions
, please explain how you came up with that list and how it relates to fiscal policy.

QuoteI could tell you you spelled seeking incorrectly but if a liberal says it's right you will believe it.

You just recently posted something about misspelling something yourself and how that's not problem, but if someone else does?????
Nice consistency!

You are arrogant and close minded on subjects like politics.
All you do is to call any people, groups, or organizations that you disagree with names to dismiss their arguments rather than clearly layng out your thoughts (rather than your spewing your emotions), rarely doing any real comparing of specific commonly accepted facts.
There is just no reason to try to discuss things with you.

You are incapable of changing your mind and your weak arguments are unlikely to convince anyone.

Another thing you seem to do a lot is go off on negatives about this or that using resulting in whoever it is that you are pissed off about now is in some way a bad person so nothing they say is acceptable.
This can result in the elimination of everything (since you are so consistently negative), resulting in no path forward. Great for future planning!

Personally, I like to pick out what I perceive as good things from whatever source they may arise from, combine them together in some way that might make sense, and try to check out how that might work out.
This by the way is the source of Obamacare (which could be better, but is better than the currently politically feasible alternatives).

What name(s) are you going to call me now?

GraphicGr8s

Bill, I don't intend to call you anything except a friend. This thread is politics. I'd like to think we have more in common than this argument. Like fish. Maybe fishing too.

I also think we can agree neither one of us would ever vote for Jeb.

I can pretty much say that from the little I know of the folks here (face it except for those that have personally met we really don't know each other at all) if anyone here ever needed something I could help with I surely would. I tend to think though that I am no different than anyone else here.