• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 10:44:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 113
Total: 113

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

LOL....I forgot about those .........thanks, Liz... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 12, 2015, 12:40:12 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on August 12, 2015, 12:36:53 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 12, 2015, 12:19:35 PM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 12, 2015, 11:49:18 AM
I've got well and septic. If I could afford solar I'd do it in a heartbeat. And I am starting my aquaponics project as soon as I can. Damn power bill is almost $300 last month.

Our bill is high too....especially summer time with the 'air' running....

I just paid $339. Ouch. Hopefully it was mostly the air. ???

That's just the electric part. I also have propane delivered for the water heater and stove every other month. That varies between $150-250 depending.

The Future of Energy

In the opening moments of the inspiring new documentary titled The Future of Energy, we're provided a guided tour through Greensburg, Kansas, a seemingly typical Midwestern town with a population of just under a thousand. In 2007, a fierce tornado struck the town and annihilated the vast majority of its buildings and infrastructure. Undaunted, the community decided to rebuild by harnessing the same power that was once the cause of its destruction: wind. Today, Greensburg is entirely operated on 100% renewable wind energy. Their shining example sets the stage for the remainder of the film, which urges the necessity for similar progressive actions in every city across the globe.

There are few issues more pressing in our modern society than that of energy. Currently, the majority of the world's energy is produced through the burning of fossil fuels, a process which has proven detrimental to the health and safety of our planet and all of its inhabitants. In addition to the ramifications related to climate change, our unsustainable energy habits place great burdens upon the world's economies, which contribute to the financial instability of families throughout the world.

The answer, according to the myriad of experts represented in the film, is the powerful clean energy trio of wind, water and solar. According to researchers, renewable energies could power the entire globe by the year 2050. The technologies are right at our fingertips. All we seem to lack is the social and political willpower to make widespread renewable energies our reality.

Energy independence is only possible when communities break away from a system which continues to rely upon outdated and pollution-inducing technologies. The Future of Energy take us on a journey to discover how this has been made possible in regions throughout the United States, as citizens have joined together to outfit their homes and businesses with solar panels and a multitude of additional clean energy conductors. With infectious enthusiasm, The Future of Energy shines a spotlight on the many everyday figures that stand at the forefront of the clean energy revolution, and shows us that the capacity for positive change in the world begins with the individual.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/future-energy/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

GraphicGr8s

Looking at where this comes from it's just liberal BS. Pretty much what got us into this mess in the first place.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 22, 2015, 01:46:28 PM
Looking at where this comes from it's just liberal BS. Pretty much what got us into this mess in the first place.

Nothing to do with being liberal............and worth your time, I'm sure.....
Jon

GraphicGr8s

I read the article Jon before I formed an opinion. Unfortunately RS kept to its roots.

QuoteTrump is probably too dumb to realize it, or maybe he isn't, but he doesn't need to win anything to become the most dangerous person in America. He can do plenty of damage just by encouraging people to be as uninhibited in their stupidity as he is.

Remarks such as this prove it. So pretty much if you go along with Trump you're stupid. Like we've done so great lately?

While I doubt I would vote for Trump in a primary he is bringing to the forefront the things that need to be said. If he did win the primary of course I would vote for him. What we need in the Oval Office is in fact a person that truly loves this country, realizes that we are an exceptional country, and is a businessman to run the business we call "The US of A".
If you truly get down to brass tacks what does the president (well every POTUS sans 44) really do? They make deals. Same as a business. Deals that benefit both parties most of the time but if it comes to it a deal that only benefits your business. We need someone that will in fact look out for us. Been a while like over 6 years since we have seen that.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 22, 2015, 02:19:30 PM
I read the article Jon before I formed an opinion. Unfortunately RS kept to its roots.

QuoteTrump is probably too dumb to realize it, or maybe he isn't, but he doesn't need to win anything to become the most dangerous person in America. He can do plenty of damage just by encouraging people to be as uninhibited in their stupidity as he is.

Remarks such as this prove it. So pretty much if you go along with Trump you're stupid. Like we've done so great lately?

While I doubt I would vote for Trump in a primary he is bringing to the forefront the things that need to be said. If he did win the primary of course I would vote for him. What we need in the Oval Office is in fact a person that truly loves this country, realizes that we are an exceptional country, and is a businessman to run the business we call "The US of A".
If you truly get down to brass tacks what does the president (well every POTUS sans 44) really do? They make deals. Same as a business. Deals that benefit both parties most of the time but if it comes to it a deal that only benefits your business. We need someone that will in fact look out for us. Been a while like over 6 years since we have seen that.

I would have thought that you'd come away with more than that......like him, or not....many of his remarks are inflammatory, and unsettling. Especially in the light of recent violence attributed to one of them. ....
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Mugwump

Jon

GraphicGr8s

So then Hussein is responsible for Katie's death since he allows the illegals in without repercussion and allows sanctuary cities.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 22, 2015, 02:47:40 PM
So then Hussein is responsible for Katie's death since he allows the illegals in without repercussion and allows sanctuary cities.

I should have known your response......'Obama bad'...'bad Obama'...'thanks Obama'....
Jon

GraphicGr8s

I really can't recall anything he's done that has helped the American situation is all. And he doesn't love this country and all that it is.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 22, 2015, 02:59:25 PM
I really can't recall anything he's done that has helped the American situation is all. And he doesn't love this country and all that it is.

How nice of you to leave Congress out of it all......I figured that you were a little more open minded than just being in lock step with Fox entertainment, my bad.
Jon