• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 09:03:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 252
Total: 252

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

MINNESOTA (The Borowitz Report)?Psychologists at the University of Minnesota have issued a research study recommending that people suffering from low self-esteem watch Thursday night?s nationally televised Republican debate.

The recommendation came after the psychologists spent weeks showing research subjects video clips of the debate?s potential participants and observed striking improvements in the subjects? overall morale and sense of worth.

?We interviewed the volunteers before we exposed them to the Republican candidates and afterward,? said psychologist Davis Logsdon. ?The spike in their self-esteem was off the charts.?

Of the candidates who most improved the research subjects? sense of self, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, Texas Senator Ted Cruz, and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush were found to be consistently helpful, but the most marked increase in self-esteem levels came after the subjects were exposed to Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker.

According to the data, people who viewed Walker for approximately three minutes reported feeling better ?right away? about their intelligence, knowledge, and prospects for obtaining high-status employment that they had previously considered well beyond their reach.

?After watching Governor Walker, a substantial number of the subjects literally could not remember why they had ever felt bad about themselves,? Logsdon said.

In addition to recommending that low self-esteem-sufferers watch the debate, Logsdon is advising them to D.V.R. the entire two hours. ?You never know when you might need it again,? he said.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/psychologists-urge-people-with-low-self-esteem-to-watch-g-o-p-debate?intcid=mod-most-popular
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

http://www.usdebtclock.org/ This right here, I am gonna check it when I turn 18. When I turn 15 I am gonna write down the number this has on it then I am gonna do the same on my 18 birthday. I am then gonna compare it and be like" Wow....."

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 07, 2015, 10:24:56 PM
http://www.usdebtclock.org/ This right here, I am gonna check it when I turn 18. When I turn 15 I am gonna write down the number this has on it then I am gonna do the same on my 18 birthday. I am then gonna compare it and be like" Wow....."

I think you'll find that most nations would have a similar clock, just as frightening...if not more so...Greece's would spin so fast that you couldn't read it...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

A very good article......worth the read...

Jon Stewart changed the way I think about TV news.

He's always been a hero of mine. As he finishes his last week at Comedy Central, I wanted to reflect on the moment he opened my eyes to the way the world really works.

The most important thing he ever taught me wasn't on "The Daily Show."

It was on another show entirely. A horrible show. A show that represented everything wrong with our country's political discourse. The show that was the precursor to all the worst things on cable news today.

It was the CNN show "Crossfire."

----more----

http://www.upworthy.com/jon-stewarts-best-moment-wasnt-on-the-daily-show-it-was-the-day-he-eviscerated-cnn?c=bl3
Jon

BallAquatics

BillT

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Good read..Yes.  I'm sitting here wondering why I know nothing about this fellow. I would have liked his show, I'm sure. Especially since he graduated from William & Mary College where my son did also!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

BallAquatics

Back in the days that I was on the town council, we had to take an oath before taking office.  It's rather sad when political party gets in the way of doing what's right for the people you swore to serve.

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 10, 2015, 10:12:25 AM

Back in the days that I was on the town council, we had to take an oath before taking office.  It's rather sad when political party gets in the way of doing what's right for the people you swore to serve.

Dennis

I agree. >:(
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

The only thing MOST republicans are interested in is obstruction, many are obsessed with it,and the rest just follow the crowd out of fear of their own party.
And the same people that call Obama a trader and unamerican absolutly love these assholes.

GraphicGr8s

The problem with the establishment GOP is they are RINOs. Time for the Ted Cruzes to unite and stop the Hussein Express. Time for the old guard like Boehner and McConnell and Graham to go to the glue factory. Do not pass through the pasture at all. Right to the glue factory. And take Pelosi, Hussein, Reid et al with them.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 10, 2015, 11:19:05 AM
Quote from: BallAquatics on August 10, 2015, 10:12:25 AM

Dennis

I agree. >:(

By the same token what has the Democrat party done to help America?

Face it both parties old guard is bought by Big Business and hasn't served "We the people" in a long time.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

ghonk

[/quote]

By the same token what has the Democrat party done to help America?

Face it both parties old guard is bought by Big Business and hasn't served "We the people" in a long time.
[/quote]

The Democrats doing something to help America,HA can't have any of that,that would mean that they were actually able to accomplish something.Better nip that in the bud before it starts,wouldn't want them making us look bad.

Use to be the dems weren't much better,but i think the GOP is running away with stupidity now.