• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 03:10:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

How long before it's us?

Started by BallAquatics, July 07, 2015, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Yep,it's a sad situation.  In this corner we have an arrogant ass, and in this corner we have a political big wig who thinks they are above the law.....  great choices   huh

Dennis

Mugwump

Borowitz Report
Poll: Unconscious Clinton More Fit to Be President Than Conscious Trump
By Andy Borowitz , September 11, 2016

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)?In a positive development for the Democratic nominee for President, a new poll released on Sunday reveals that likely voters find an unconscious Hillary Clinton ?substantially more fit? to be President than a conscious Donald Trump.

In a hypothetical matchup between a Clinton who has been rendered completely unconscious and a fully sentient Trump, voters chose an inert Clinton over an ambulatory Trump by a margin of nine percentage points.

A spokesperson for the Clinton campaign hailed the findings. ?We have every reason to believe that Hillary Clinton will be a fully conscious President,? the spokesperson said. ?But even if she is not, she is still the far better choice.?

The same poll revealed that a broad majority of voters found an unconscious Donald Trump more fit to be President than a conscious one.

Finally, when asked about the Libertarian Presidential candidate Gary Johnson, a significant number of voters were undecided as to whether Johnson was conscious or unconscious.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

*********** CLINTON 2016 ***********
***AT LEAST SHE'S NOT MENTALLY ILL***   

wallace

Quote from: BallAquatics on September 12, 2016, 06:07:15 AM
Yep,it's a sad situation.  In this corner we have an arrogant ass, and in this corner we have a political big wig who thinks they are above the law.....  great choices   huh

Dennis

Yeah, its not pretty. Four more years of same old same old, or worse, while people get angrier... then we could end up with a demagogue capable of winning.
Dan

ghonk

[/quote]

Yeah, its not pretty. Four more years of same old same old, or worse, while people get angrier... then we could end up with a demagogue capable of winning.
[/quote]

That's 8 more years.  |^|

LizStreithorst

Same old same old isn't all that bad as far as I'm concerned.  Yes, I'd like things to be better but I'm not up for a revolution.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

Same old is fine for lots of people. If you are retired or have a settled job and finances. Many young people are looking at a future that is bleaker than ours was.... also same-old means a gradual worsening of the standard of living for working people and a more precarious job picture. So I'm not looking at same-old from a personal perspective, more at how it effects the future health of society.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on September 12, 2016, 02:59:16 PM
Same old is fine for lots of people. If you are retired or have a settled job and finances. Many young people are looking at a future that is bleaker than ours was.... also same-old means a gradual worsening of the standard of living for working people and a more precarious job picture. So I'm not looking at same-old from a personal perspective, more at how it effects the future health of society.

Yes, it's not too late for everyone to have a conscious now.....but this isn't new stuff because of Trump/Hillary.....we lost our government back in the Reagan days...too many big changes without considering the long term effect on the country....first off the top of my head...'trickle down economics'...but that alone is enough...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wallace

Dan

LizStreithorst

lol.  I thought that I was the only one in the United States that didn't like him.  I guess I'm just the only one in Mississippi wfwf
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I remember those time too well. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon