• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 10:34:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 87
Total: 87

Terror angelfish

Started by Jo, October 16, 2012, 08:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo

Has anyone ever had a mean angelfish? No matter where or who you put it with it constantly attacks. This angel constantly rips ventrals off my other angelfish. I'm really starting to hate it! If so what did you do about it?
Jo

Mugwump

If moving the tank decorations/rocks/plants around doesn't do it....isolate him to another tank....or ahem, send him to the promised land.....or and enemy....LOL....you don't have a tank full of males do you....or with one female??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

I could have more males than anything. Nobody is really showing me yet. I for sure have 2 zebra females they have both laid eggs 2 times with the 2 males I know for sure are males. That does not matter he rips into them and everyone else. He even tears off scales sometimes. He really is a terror or she whichever it is. I'm going to just send it to meet its maker!
Jo

P4Angels

I add them to my community tank for a while and that slow them down some. but if it keeps happening like jon said he get sold!!!
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Jo

I've done that too. He just attacks those also. My community is a 72 gallon. I think he is just mean as a snake!
Jo

b125killer

I had a bully angel. He killed one of my other angels. There was 4 angels in there and only one female. He calmed down when i got a bigger tank and put more Females in there. Plus the other males grew a bit so he isn't the biggest male anymore. He almost got to see the porcelain god.
Scott

Jo

Well mine went to check freezer for brine shrimp and never came back.  :o
Jo